Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Need Help

Hi, I am a survivor of child sexual abuse and I joined this forum because I am looking for support on how to handle what happened to me and how to communicate and make friends without lying about my past. I would like to be open and honest with the people I know, but so far it has been very dificult.

Hi Sierra01 and welcome to AS (After Silence) :hi:

So sorry about what you've been through and I hope AS can be part of the kind compassionate support you deserve as you work to heal.

With care,

Activist Ally

Sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but welcome. It took me about 30 years after the abuse happened to me in childhood, to admit it and to how much it damaged me.I spoke to police but they said it was too long ago to do anything about.I'm not sure this is true but as my perpetrator is 81 now I dont want to open a can of worms.

I had a lot of behavioural issues growing up and my family was hopeless in giving me any real support. They dont want to deal, with the reality of me having been abused, on their watch, and the following psychological problems not adequately addressed, either.

I keep them all at arms length, now. I have enough to deal with, healing from it all, to have people who are supposed to care doubting and even worse, blaming me. I have friends who get it instantly and are supportive, and this site is great, too. Good luck on your healing journey.

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered as a child. It was not right and it was not fair. You have found a very supportive site, tho, and you will be meeting many kind and understanding people. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Sierra, I'm sorry for what you've been through. There are many people here on AS that can support you so I wish you all the best in healing, and just remember you're not alone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to AS, Sierra! I'm new here, too, and so far have found very supportive and caring people. Good luck on your healing journeyl You will heal!