Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Little about me

Guest Elly J.

Guest Elly J.

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I hate writing these things so I'll be short with it! If you have any questions, please just ask. I'm not shy, I just don't really know what to say! ;)

I'm here because I don't feel comfortable talking about what happened to me almost two years ago with people IRL. I don't want people to look at me funny and I guess I almost wonder if it was my fault somehow or even if it really happened the way I remember.

In any event, I am in a relationship and I want to deal with this all somehow without leaning too hard on my new man. I guess I really want to figure out how I can get past this and have a normal healthy relationship. And, since I am a total nerd, where else would I turn but the internet! ;)

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better and being allowed access to other parts of the forum.

-me

Hi Elly J., welcome to After Silence! I am sorry to hear that you have a reason to be here but I am happy you found us. I know that it can be difficult to talk about things face to face with other people. I hope we are able to help and support you. You will find that this is a supportive and safe place...no one is judging or looking at you funny here. Take your time in looking around and getting comfortable here. We look forward to getting to know you better. Take care of yourself.

Tracy

(((Elly J))) WElcome to AFter Silence. I'm glad you hear that you are seeking to heal and that you have a wonderful man to be there for you when you need him. We are here for you too! I hope you find the support you are looking for here.. which i am sure you will because i totally do! Take care!

love clarissa

(((Elly J))) Welcome to the group. Take your time and post what you feel as you are ready to. Fault and blame belong to the abuser(s) Never to you sweetie. Know that you do not journey alone. We are here for you. You are courageous for speaking out and taking the steps to heal. Be gentle with yourself :)

[Edited on 15-3-04 by phoenyx]