Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All

Persona

Hi All

I just wanted to say a quick hello...I'll tell you a little about me...I am male and kinda in denial I guess...You see what happened to me didn't happen for long (as far as I can remember) and I have looked at many other survivor sites in the past...Usually I get to the register part then close it down and forget about it but this site really does seem to have a very close community and alot of members which helped me decide to join.

I am close to sharing my story (what I remember of it) problem is I can't find where to type it (see I am showing how new I am lol).

So could someone point me in the right direction for when I do feel the need to share.

Once again hi all...I hope to get to know you all better :)

Welcome :)

It is hard to take that first step. It is SO empowering when you do. It's easy to deny and pretend it didn't happen, but no matter how "small" you think it is, the truth is, you were hurt and that is the biggest injustice that can happen to a human being. You know? We're all here to help.

:hug:

squashy welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

:) Welcome to AS

You are very brave. We know how hard it is to speak for the first time. Take your time. Don't worry about not remembering. It is amazing how our mind and body takes care of itself. in order to survive. You will remember more as you start your healing journey. Even if it happened only once, it is a devastating thing to happen to a child. People here are understanding and supportive. You are not alone... :hug::wub::greet: