Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Montel Williams Show

I'm not sure if this is in the right place..and I apologize if it's not!

I haven't shared my story on here yet because I just haven't found the right words to get it out there. However, the main points are that I was sexually abused by a former teacher of mine from the time I was 13 - 16, and I was not the only student he did this to. A previous student of his had gone through the same ordeal with him, only in her case it when on for 10 years because she was unable to get away. There's a lot more to the story, but the previous student (who is now in her 30's) has been speaking out against Educator Sexual Abuse over the past year. Last month she went on the Montel Williams show about educator sexual abuse, and it will be airing this Thursday, February 3rd. If you get a chance to watch it, please do so, as it is important that more people realize what a real problem this type of abuse has become. Thanks a lot - I appreciate it.

- Vicky

:) Hi Vicky,

Welcome to AS...Take your time about telling your story. I am very sorry that anyone in a position of trust, leadership and authority would take advantage of that, and do something so damaging to a young person. I will try to see Montel tomorrow, and I will be looking forward to seeing more of you on the board. This is a very supportive place, and we are all survivors. Take care of yourself.. :greet::wub::hug:

Guest queenie

Vicky

Take your time with sharing. It is a very personal experience to share your story. You will feel you are ready to share one day...we all go at our own pace.

Thanks for letting us know. I don't have school tomorrow and my therapy appointment is not until 1pm so I will be tuning in!

:hug:

Jenn