Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

In need of support

Guest Donna

Hi everyone....My husband (Jason) said a brief history of my problems on the "share your story section". I can't seem to look at this website without breaking down and crying (a lot). I want to be a part of this and I have a lot of questions I would like to ask, but it's very hard to speak openly about my past to anyone. I just want to know if anyone will talk back to me if I post on here I guess. I am a very, very sad person and I can't seem to find any help from people who have had similar experiences....well, I guess I'll wait to see who responds to this to post further.....I think i need another Ativan....Thank you!

Dear Donna,

I'm are here for you, to listen and talk and to help you in any way I can.

I'm not a therapist, I don't have answers or solutions....I'm just a survivor like you. But I can understand what you are going through and I know how difficult it is to let your guard down and trust people again. I know the sadness and the loneliness....I know the anger and the rage....

Please feel free to lean on us and to share your emotions with us whenever you are ready and comfortable to do so.

(((( Hang in there ))))

Scarlet

((((((( Donna ))))))))

Welcome to our group, sorry you are struggling. Like Scarlet says, we are here for you, Anytime. When you are ready, and feel safe in the group, vent whatever you need to, knowing that each and everyone of us have or are going through similar things, and will understand what you are going through.

Take Care

Love Catherine

I have had such a hard time, sometimes i don't even think i believe myself what happened. I need all the support I can get and thank you for your replies. I cry every time i read someones story or even think about getting on here, but I know its got to be better. I sent out a letter to one of my attacker's wife. detailing what had happened and leaving her an e-mail address to get ahold of me. i know she won't believe me, but part of me hopes she will. any ideas on that kind of revenge?

Donna

Donna,

I think that you did the right thing by writing to one of your attacker's wife. But I wouldn't think of it as a revenge. It was simply the only right thing to do because that woman has the right to know who she is really married to.

Maybe he is also an abusive husband and your letter could give this woman the strength and motivation she needs to leave him.

I do hope she will believe you....we believe you!

((( hugs )))

Scarlet

• 10 years later...

Hi Donna

So glad you wrote on this site. I'm new too. I feel exactly the same way. I can't talk about my problems at all. Posting on here helps me a lot, in fact since I found out I'm not alone I feel almost giddy, and I was doing really bad. I know you have the strength to get better. I want you to know I believe in you and support you. Hope your feeling. Better soon and I hope to hear from you soon.

Esperanza

Hi Donna,

I find this site pretty useful, I've never posted a discussion that hasnt had at least one reply to it. Obviously some are more popular than others, but even if people cant relate or help someone will usually post something supportive to let you know they've read what you've said and are thinking of you.

Sorry you need this site, but hopefully you can get some strength from it.