Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Little Introduction

hey I'm amy. My assault was almost a month ago & this is my way of trying to cope with it happening. I didn't report it because I didn't realize it was rape before it was too late to prove it & now it tears me up every single day of my life.

I'm excited to be here. Thank you for having this.

Welcome. Since coming to this site I started seeing a r*** counsellor- thirty years after it happened. And it still feels like yesterday sometimes.And there are legal things you can do- with the right kind of support- your reaction is normal, but a month is not too late. Just be safe and I hope you have support of a doctor at least, to get checked out.

Hi Amy,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but like Louise said, a month isn't necessarily too late. If you really want to, please check out your options. Like Louise, I waited over 30 years, and there is nothing I can legally do now. She is right also, your reaction is normal, and typically doctors and law enforcement do understand the delayed reaction. You were in shock. Do know that you have support here. This site is full of kind and understanding members. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Edited by MeBeMary

Hello Amy,

Welcome to Aftersilence :)

I'm sorry for the reason you have had to come here, but I'm glad that you did find us. Have you tried reaching out to a local r*pe crisis center? I'll send you a personal message about this shortly. I know what you mean when you say it tears you up every single day of your life.. but I want you to know that things do get better.. just takes time and sometimes a lot of time. I think a step into this direction was the right one and slowly we'll move forward together.

Mandy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very glad you found this site. I am very new myself. Everyone has been so supportive. Being able to see you are not alone is so important.

• 3 weeks later...