Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Guest sistersareforever

Guest sistersareforever

Hi, I am new here, and would like to introduce and explain myself. I am Renee. I am 23 years old. I am not a victim of any type of sexual abuse, however, my best friend who also happens to be my sister-in-law, is. She has confided in me some of the things that happened to her in the past, and I want to be able to help her and understand better. I would give my right arm to be able to make some of her pain go away, but I cant. I have decided that the only way I can help is to understand better myself. It is my hope that I can get to know and trust people here, so that I can comfortably recomend a site like this to her.

I hope no one is offended about me being here. I am trying everything I can think of to help her.

Renee

every survivor should have one friend like you ,i am new here myself but it is a good place filled with first hand experience of abuse . what better place to learn about it . just by supporting her you have already given her a great gift,one that many of us don't have other than the support we get here randy

Hi Renee.

Welcome to AS. You are indeed a good friend. This is a good place to be. People here are very understanding and very supportive. While you may not understand, be a good listener and be supportive. This is a good place to get understanding. :greet::)

Hi Renee, :)

Your Sister in-law is incredibly lucky to have you, its great to be able to see secondary survivors reach out in order to help their loved ones. :hug:

Welcome to After Silence. :)

:hug:

Donna =)

what a lucky person your friend is, to have you to help her!

welcome to as :hug:

~charlene~

Guest sistersareforever

Thank You, to everyone for the positive words. In complete honesty, I am looking for support for me as well as her. I can't imagine the weight it must be to carry something like this. I just know how hard it is trying to help someone carry it. Again, thanks for all the encouragement.

If anyone knows any other resources that might be helpful to me/us, please let me know.

Renee