Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm Rose

Hi! I'm Rose, and I actually found this site while googling "rape support." It is nice to know there is a site for survivors.

Hi Rose.

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but glad you are reaching out for support. You will find this site very supportive. Everyone is kind and understanding, as we are all walking this same path. Another nice thing about this site is that it is a safe place. They have safeguards here and most the forums are protected from outsiders looking in without being a member. My research before coming here showed me that wasn't always the case. I'm glad you found this place and hope you find it helps in your healing process.

Mary

:notalone:

Edited by MeBeMary

Thanks. My trauma happened five times over twelve years, but I am still having physical flashbacks.

THanks <3

Hi, I am new, too - but I can still say 'Hi' :)

that you can

It sucks, and it's never going to be 'ok' - but you are, (and I am) and you will feel 'ok' again, too :) I feel ok, even today! I don't feel ok, everyday, but I also don't feel as bad, as I once did - not at all! :)

Thats good. It is hard, almost impossible, for me to ever feel okay. I was supposed to be safe inpatient, and it was in there that I was gang-raped.

I was not trying to be like - 'wow, look how awesome I am', but rather, be encouraging, because my abuse happened over a long period, with more than one abuser, and I have had a lot to sort through, years later, but now I feel like when I remember it, I have changed the context of how I experience it - I get angry, or mourn for my loss, versus feeling stuck or ashamed. I know it wasn't my fault, and I am trying to build a new life, after what was stolen from me, left me almost empty. Not totally empty, though - we survive with something - build on your strengths, to get you through the past you (and I ) are still working out. (That's what I am doing, and it is helping me).

True, true. I have only just begun disclosing it to my therapist.

That is awful, Rose! Can you keep trying to find ways to comfort yourself? Can you get counseling? I would give you a virtual 'hug' if you would like one. Don't give up, that's all. You didn't deserve what happened to you, and it makes me angry, but you still have to try to keep finding ways to heal and love yourself, and know that you are worth the work to feel 'ok', more often. You are not damaged goods. :)

I am glad you have a therapist. Keep finding the courage to share what happened to you - you need to see it as something that is not 'you' - something that happened too you - not your fault. It affects us, but you have a pure soul that is bigger than that. Your pain just covers it, like clouds across the sun. It's still there. You don't need to be ashamed. I feel angry and mournful, for you. I hope you can feel those things, too -as it is healing, and helps you now feel sick, keeping it inside, to yourself.

Peace and love -

Hi! I'm Rose, and I actually found this site while googling "rape support." It is nice to know there is a site for survivors.

Hi Rose and welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you found us and I hope we can give you some of the kind and compassionate support you deserve as you work to recover and heal!

Activist Ally