Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello Slwly,

Welcome to AS. You will find this a very supportive site to connect with others. I am sorry you have the need to be here, but know you are not alone. We are all walking a path of healing, and I am happy to walk with you.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi there - it sounds to me like you're definitely in the right place here - there are many, many of us here who have suffered child abuse and who covered it up along with the emotional ramifications for many years. I hope you find the AS community as safe and supportive as I have... I have found that it really takes a while to navigate the site (I'm still doing so) - but the longer I've stayed with this community, the more comforting I have found it. Wishing you the very best - marz

Hello Slwlydyinginside,

Yep, you have found the correct place ... I'm sorry for the reason you have had to come here! I have also suffered child abuse and held it in for many years. you will see sections specializing in child abuse as well.. let me know if you need help finding it.

You will see a lot of people here will understand and have similar experiences. I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Mandy