Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Guest laurasinnerchild

Guest laurasinnerchild
:unsure: When I was 8 I was sexually abused by my brother for 2yrs. It started with fondling, his fingers,then oral sex. After he went in for treatment for drugs and booze I told his shrink. The shrink to my parents I was lying,watching to many soaps. I held it in for 22yrs until 1/31/00; I confronted him and of course he denied it as usual. From then on I ve been into therapy and on meds. Recently my husband to me during a arguement that he doesnt want to hear about my abuse all the time-which means he dont care. He did apologize for that statement. He wants me to "Pretend to forgive my brother"...screw him, well thats my story :unsure:

i am very sorry for all the pain your brother has put you through and for the lack of support and understanding you have recieved since.

everyone here is great and will listen to your problems without judging you.

hope you find comfort in this place!

i'm here if you need to talk

bettyx

Guest 1Peter2:24

I am also new here and was also molested by my brother. My abuse started when I was about 9 or 10. I am now 28. He has admitted it, but I think he looks at it more as just him being "curious." He has No idea how his curiosity has damaged me. After 3 years of DEEP Christian counseling I am finally beginning to feel whole. But sometimes I wonder what "whole" feels like, I've been broken so long.

My parents are still in denial. But I can't even imagine what they must be feeling knowing what their son did to their daughter. But I must admit I still need to work on some forgiveness issues with them.

I found this site while searching for some support about flashbacks. I have been having really bad flashback for over a week now. I haven't been sleeping well. My mind just feels tired. I am thankful though, that I am finally remembering some things. Because remembering and comforting your inner child is part of the healing process.

I am so sorry for all the pain you have been made to experience. As a survivor of incest myself i understand too well. As far as familial support i had none either. I hope you find the support here that I have.

Guest laurasinnerchild

Thanks phoenyx!! My parents believe me but husband is sick of it but he did apologize to me. but I am not going to tell him anything about my abuse.

Guest laurasinnerchild

Thanks for everyone who responsed and for the advice. I am so sorry for all of your pain and I wish I had a magic wand to take it all away.. :)

(laurasinnerchild) I'm so sorry for all the pain that you have gone through. I am happy that you found us here at After Silence. I hope you find the comfort and support here that you need. You are not alone here.

Take precious care of yourself.

Tink

You shoudn't have to prentent to forgive anyone, forgiveness belongs to yourself and to no one else. Whom you decide to forgive and on what terms and where is your own right. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't forgie, I know a lot of survivors who feel better about forgiveing, but understand that it doesn't alays come with everyone and that is perfectly understandable, that is your own right and anyone who doesn't respect that is not worth your effort includeing anyone whom you are close with. They should be open to understanding you more, not in changeing your right to feel.

:wub: Haullie