Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Is There A Better Way To Deal With Moved Threads When They End Up In Gender Restricted Forums?

Is is possible to manage thread movements to gender restricted forums better? I'm asking because I noticed a new thread in the female forum and there were male replies to it. It turned out it was an old thread, over 3 years old and that it had started out elsewhere. I thought I was in the wrong forum or males were suddenly turning female. There was nothing to tell me how this thread had got there and why. Moving it meant that the male posters could not check up on the thread to see how it progressed after they had posted on it. It is indeed a sensitive subject and all posters want to express themselves without feeling they are being invalidated. See thread here

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=24711

hi philkay - I actually moved the post into the female only forum - due to the title and content of the post - 3 years ago we did not have the female forum - also if such a post were to be posted now it would have been edited to conform with the guidelines we have in place now - perhaps the post should have been removed altogether - I wasn't sure at the time so the best course of action that I could see was to move it into the female forum -

karen

hi philkay - I actually moved the post into the female only forum - due to the title and content of the post - 3 years ago we did not have the female forum - also if such a post were to be posted now it would have been edited to conform with the guidelines we have in place now - perhaps the post should have been removed altogether - I wasn't sure at the time so the best course of action that I could see was to move it into the female forum -

karen

Hi Karen,

thanks for explaining about this thread. I only joined this year so I don't know how the forums were years ago or how guidelines have changed.