Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Sorry i join maybe a week ago and forgot to introduce myself, hi iam new here i am 15 years and still trying to figure out all that has happen to me, i mean i know was abused but since it has stop seems like my mind is racing with all types of thoughts and feelings. told a couple of people my story but still to afraid to let too many people know because he is still in my life and i am afraid that it will get back to him and he will start to do it again. i am glad a friend recommended this site to me, i have been reading alot of posts here and everyone seems so supportive. Don't really know what else to say but i hope everyone here stay strong.

hey! .. welcome to AS! xxxxxxx :hug:

Hi,

Your not 'alone' here and so welcome to the group. This must all be so very confusing and very painful for you at the moment. Everyone here has a life experience similar to yours and if you need it I am sure the people here will guide you. Really important that you feel and keep yourself safe in these moments. You shouldn't have to worry that things will get back to your abuser and there are things that you can do to take this worry away. Is there a teacher or someone similar in your life that you feel safe to discuss this with?

Brian

Welcome to AS :hug:

Welcome. You are not alone here. And here you will find support.

hi. i just joined today. read a few emails. i read yours b/c i feel so alone, in so many ways.

i haVen't emailed anyone yet.. but...well...now i haVe. here's an email for you!:):):)

i just wanted to say you are braVe to seek out support.

i hope for you that you soon feel like you are SAFE, most of all.

your situation seems hard to deal with, for sure. i can't eVen imagine what you might be going through.

i was raped 3 years ago by a stranger in a foreign country, so i haVen't had to deal with seeing

the PERP again.

the hotlines we're really helpful for me... just make sure you don't giVe your age away to make sure that they aren't obligated to report. as long you don't tell them you are 15, you can talk and talk and keep it confidential .

hope that is helpful... and will encourage you to connect with people who haVe experience with being helpful in situations like these.

group therapy helped me a lot to.

it was empowering to share space with other women who'Ve been through sex assaults. i learned a lot. i realiZed a lot that is helping me to still, to this day, go through my recoVery process.

it's such a horrible crime that happened to you.. i wish you the best of luck in creating SAFETY IN yOUR LIFE

and making sure that this particular chapter or your life ends as soon as possible.

i support you whether you decide to keep the secret a secret..or not.

if you do decide to expose the PERP, for your own safety, then don't feel bad about it..b/c you deserVe to be SAFE and

if you do report it ,at some point..

my tip: do what you can to get lots of support in adVance lined up...

don't let the confidentiality thing stop you from getting help on hotlines.. you can keep your age a secret, so that it's always your choice to report or not to report:)

many hugs to you,

froma surViVor of rape,

ali

Sorry i join maybe a week ago and forgot to introduce myself, hi iam new here i am 15 years and still trying to figure out all that has happen to me, i mean i know was abused but since it has stop seems like my mind is racing with all types of thoughts and feelings. told a couple of people my story but still to afraid to let too many people know because he is still in my life and i am afraid that it will get back to him and he will start to do it again. i am glad a friend recommended this site to me, i have been reading alot of posts here and everyone seems so supportive. Don't really know what else to say but i hope everyone here stay strong.

Edited by ali

hey honey bun, sorry its all a bit crappy for you at the mo, it is for me 2. ive only just joined tonight but in way im glad that ive found u, some one my own sort of age. im 16 just turnning 17. it would be nice to chat to you. love gracie lou