Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not Sure I Belong Here

Yes, in general this is the right place for me but, I'm not sure I'm ready to share anything. I'm married (unfortunately), no kids, a sister and her kids are all I claim as family. I have a few pets and I don't currently work due to a bad accident I suffered a few years ago and a disabled spouse. I am planning to return to school sometime in 2014. That's me in a nutshell.

Can someone explain why I have to have a password to view other topics? It took almost a week for someone to validate my membership and now that I'm registered I have to have a password to participate? I'm confused.

Hello and welcome. This site is not easy to navigate at all! I also had to wait a week and a half for approval and I am very confused about passwords for certain forums. Some will automatically let you in after 10 posts. I'm here to listen if you need someone.

- J

Yea, I am only a few days in a totally confused. Your "not sure I belong here"caught my eye because I feel the same way. Deep down, I know I need to be and that this place would probably be a good place for me but I am not sure I am ready for it. I am hoping that as I spend more time here I will become comfortable enough to open up. Not sure how long that is going to take considering it took me 20+ yrs to even go to a therapist.

Anyway, enough self bashing..lol I wish you will and hopefully we'll get the hang of it soon.

Hi RagingPhoenix!

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu:

You don't have to share anything you're not ready to share RagingPhoenix...it is entirely up to you. Some members share a lot, some not at all. It is entirely up to each individual to decide for themselves what feels ok. This website surely has many very supportive people and tons of very helpful/useful information. It will get easier to find your way around as you become more familiar with this site.

I think one only needs a password to sign in (as a member)...once you are signed in, you will have access to the entire site. I think one needs a minimum of ten posts to be able to use the chat room.

Good luck to you, and all the best on your healing journey!

Josie

It is also a minimum of 10 post to have access to *share your story* and a few other more sensitive forums. All this is for your protection to stop every tom di*k and harry from being able to browse everywhere

There is also one forum where you do need a password and Chrome installed to be able to use it

Welcome all newcomers you will find we are all very caring, understanding and friendly here

Edited by reglois

It is 10 post for Story section. 10 post for chat room. Female forum is need pass word from moderator. You can ask for this pass word here http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=71827

Male forum you can not use if you are woman. Transgender forum you can not use if not transgender.

Thanks again everyone. I'm finding this site a bit difficult emotionally right now because everything I read tends to trigger me and I am dealing with some memories that are 40+ years old. My story spans 44 years and it is difficult to condense it into just a few paragraphs and make sense not to mention that sometimes I just can't bring myself to talk about it not just because of the abuse but the aftermath i suffered. I have so much anger.

Thanks again everyone. I'm finding this site a bit difficult emotionally right now because everything I read tends to trigger me and I am dealing with some memories that are 40+ years old. My story spans 44 years and it is difficult to condense it into just a few paragraphs and make sense not to mention that sometimes I just can't bring myself to talk about it not just because of the abuse but the aftermath i suffered. I have so much anger.

Hi again RagingPhoenix,

I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to trigger you. I just wanted to say...my story also spans a similar amount of years (I had repressed everything until about 10 years ago). We have similar stories. If you ever want support from someone with a similar story, feel free to contact me at anytime (feel free to send me a personal message if you wish).

Lots here triggers me as well. On days I'm not doing as well, I read posts that I know will uplift me. This site is helping me in so many ways. I hope it will for you as well.

All the best to you on your healing journey,

Josie

Thank you Josiel. I have never repressed the memories but I have never had peace from them either. I'm working on my story so hopefully it makes sense and I can post it tonight.

I have a hard time trusting people so if I don't reach out right away don't take it personally. I'm still unsure of myself and this site so in time I will open up more. I'm just working through all of the anger and I swear I have more issues than Ladies Home Journal lol

hello RagingPHeonix,

welcome to After Silence, I hope you are finding your way around okay,. I'm Paula and I am one of the newbie support team . Please contact me if you need any help and I will do all I can to help

take care, Paula

I am so glad that I have found this forum. I am new here as well and I find myself hard to navigate on this website. I should have gotten some kind of help long ago and I finally decieded to join this website. It was kind of frigthening and relieving at the same time. Once I logged in the site, I was confused and some what upset.

It is nice to meet all the new members like myself. I hope to reach out to everyone of you in times of need and I hope to receive the support in times of my need.

• 2 months later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found