Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

How Do You Delete Threads/posts?

Sorry, I'm a techno-phobe but is there any way we are able to delete our own threads? I have somehow developed an immense talent for writing without thinking and then regretting it later, and I don't know how to remove things... any ideas?

BB x

If you need to delete a thread then you would need to contact a mod - we do ask that people only delete threads if it is absolutely necessary - esspecially if others have replied. But I also know what it is like to post something and then go eeeek!!!

A post can be totally deleted or made invisible - but I would also say - that at the time that is how you were thinking/feeling - and that can make you feel vulnerable when you post but you might want to wait a few days and see if it actaully helps to keep the thread there

karen

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Found

I really undestand that betty - I feel pretty much the same way about posting

I hope you can leave them there - they deserve to be there

best wishes

karen

You cannot edit topic titles (I think but I will check that) but a mod can - so if you need a title edited in some way - you can contact a mod to help

best wishes

karen

Forgot to say - that if I see someone has made a typo in their title I will usually correct it - though spelling is not my strong point!!

karen

(actaully I think I corrected it anyway!!)

I did ask if members can edit topic titles and so far no one else knows! will wait for vera or lindy to reply to let you know for deffinate

karen

Cool, you'd think there'd be a better way to correct a typo - and what if you make one and it's so crappy the person correcting it gets it wrong?

If posts are edited/threads are edited by others here do we get notified like on other sites I've been to?

(actaully I think I corrected it anyway!!)

I did ask if members can edit topic titles and so far no one else knows! will wait for vera or lindy to reply to let you know for deffinate

karen

I wouldn't contact a member if I edited a typo - but if a post needs editing (for example if it breaches the guidelines) then you would be contacted.

karen

It really does take courage to put this stuff out there - so I deffinately am going with brave!

karen