Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's Been A While

Hello, everyone!

I don't know if anyone will remember me, since it's been a few years since I last posted, but I'm Leah, and I stopped posting a while back because I hit a busy/good patch in my life where I was handling things outside of the forum.

I am a 12 year survivor of CSA and I've come a long way since I joined After Silence. When I joined the forum, I had just started therapy and I wanted a place to talk to other survivors. Now, I'm no longer regularly going to therapy, I'm almost 21, and I'm in college. I've entered a relationship for the first time with an amazing guy who helps me so much and tries his best to understand when I'm having a rough time.

Some new, fun stuff about me: I love Paramore and Green Day, playing ukulele, writing (I'm majoring in English and minoring in Professional Writing), I'm a feminist, and I love hockey, specifically the Montreal Canadiens!

Without therapy being a regular event, I find myself falling into rough patches every so often. I remembered the amazing support I got here when I was regularly posting and thought I'd give it a go again :) I can't promise daily postings because of my business with school and such, but I'd love to help others who are new to this healing journey as well as learn from others.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I can get to know some new faces and be re-introduced to some familiar ones! :)

-Leah

Hi Leah, :wave:

I guess that I am a new face, but I will welcome you back. I've been her just over a month and have found good advice, kind support, and wonderful friends. I hope you find what you need to help you thru your rough patches. I do find this a wonderful site. Best wishes to you.

Mary

:loveas:

Welcome back, so glad to read that your life is better now even if there are bumps in the road :loveas:

Hello, everyone!

I don't know if anyone will remember me, since it's been a few years since I last posted, but I'm Leah, and I stopped posting a while back because I hit a busy/good patch in my life where I was handling things outside of the forum.

I am a 12 year survivor of CSA and I've come a long way since I joined After Silence. When I joined the forum, I had just started therapy and I wanted a place to talk to other survivors. Now, I'm no longer regularly going to therapy, I'm almost 21, and I'm in college. I've entered a relationship for the first time with an amazing guy who helps me so much and tries his best to understand when I'm having a rough time.

Some new, fun stuff about me: I love Paramore and Green Day, playing ukulele, writing (I'm majoring in English and minoring in Professional Writing), I'm a feminist, and I love hockey, specifically the Montreal Canadiens!

Without therapy being a regular event, I find myself falling into rough patches every so often. I remembered the amazing support I got here when I was regularly posting and thought I'd give it a go again :) I can't promise daily postings because of my business with school and such, but I'd love to help others who are new to this healing journey as well as learn from others.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I can get to know some new faces and be re-introduced to some familiar ones! :)

-Leah

Welcome back Leah! :hi:

It is exciting to read some of the fun new things you are doing and that it seems you have come far on your healing journey.

You bet that we members of AS will be here to help support you as you go even further ahead and we gladly appreciate the support and inspiration you can offer us too!

So good to see you again! :cloud9:

Activist Ally

Welcome back Leah!

I don't know if you were here when I started but I've been here for a few years.

I love your quote by Mary Oliver, she is amazing.

Glad to hear that you have been healing and we are always here to help with the rough patches!

Welcome back, so glad to read that your life is better now even if there are bumps in the road :loveas:

Hello, everyone!

-Leah

Welcome back Leah! :hi:

It is exciting to read some of the fun new things you are doing and that it seems you have come far on your healing journey.

You bet that we members of AS will be here to help support you as you go even further ahead and we gladly appreciate the support and inspiration you can offer us too!

So good to see you again! :cloud9:

Activist Ally

Welcome back Leah!

I don't know if you were here when I started but I've been here for a few years.

I love your quote by Mary Oliver, she is amazing.

Glad to hear that you have been healing and we are always here to help with the rough patches!

Welcome back Leah, its good to have you back with us!!! :hi:

Thank you all so much!! I almost forgot how absolutely welcoming AS is. You are all so kind :hug: