Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To All This

Hi everybody, i'm new to all this, only had my computer for a few days, I would love to have people to chat to, but i'm very shy and nervous. Please be patient with me because i don't really talk about what happen to me, none of my friends or family know what happened to me(they wouldn't be very supportive anyway) It all happened when i was a child (i'm 30 now) but it still feels very new, I know i probably should have sorted it out or got over by now but i just feel weak sometimes, and i wish there was somebody i could talk to that understands, but i feel embarassed and ashamed, and i know that people will look at me differantly once they know, i don't want it to be the only thing they think aboout when they see me, its bad enough i have to think about it without dirtying somebody elses mind aswell.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could reply.

Iapologise for this msg being so long i just couldn't stop once i'd started.

thankyou.

amber.

Hi Amber,

Welcome! we are so happy to have you here with us (not about the reason, though). Being nervous about this is completely understandable, don't worry about that. I'd suggest reading other people's posts and you'll eventually get more comfortable posting too. That doesn't mean that you'll immeditely be ready to tell your own story, and that isn't a problem either. Nobody is here to push you to do anything, we are here to support you. We are all going through the same thing, some of us are a little ahead in the healing process and some of us are at other stages. You'll soon realize that you are not alone in your feelings of weakness and shame, and maybe there will come a time when you'll just feel that it's the right time to share. Just be patient and remember that you are not alone,

:hug:

Welcome Amber,

I'm still new here too, just wanna say that noone her is expecting you to talk when you're not ready. It's good that you found this place, take your time, hang around a bit and get comfortable.

:hug:

Love,

SLG

Welcome i hope u find wot u need here,this is a wonderful group,"family" of ppl-take ur time 2 look round the posts.....

Lookin forward 2 gettin 2 know u.....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

Amber :hug:

welcome!

i am sorry for the pain that has brought you here but i am glad you have found us!

everyone here is wonderful and supportive. take your time, i know how hard it can be- you don't have to share anything you're not ready to :hug:

I know i probably should have sorted it out or got over by now but i just feel weak sometimes

firstly i want to say that there is no time frame in which to "get over" the sorts of things we have been through- in fact i don't think that you ever really get over it, it just gets easier to deal with.

please remember that you are not weak- you are strong and you are a survivor! :wub:

emmax

HI Amber! : -) welcome to AS! Here you'll find some of the best, understanding and caring people you'll ever meet! Don't worry bout the shy and nervous thing, as I'm the same way.. but you'll quickly see how safe and welcoming this place is... : -)

Tim

Oh honey. I'm so sorry for what you've been through. I'm glad you've come here and I hope you can find that strength within yourself to talk with us and try and get some of those feelings and emotions out.

I'm sorry for your need to be here, but welcome! Everyone is always very supportive. If you ever need anyone to talk to please email me (maiyn213@yahoo.ca) ok?? :)

(((Amber))) Welcome to the group. I'm sorry for the pain that has brought you here. The support from everyone here is amazing! It is an incredible place to be while you heal. Take all the time you need. Post only what you are comfortable with when you are ready :hug:

We are a group of people who give small amounts of hope and support as we can and we hope you can be a part of this wonderful group of people and that it helps you :hug:

((Amber))

Welcome to AS. I understand how difficult it can be to talk about things that happened. Just hang in there, and when you feel comfortable to talk about it, we'll be here to listen. In the mean time, take a look around and make yourself at home.

<3

Alex

Hi Amber! Welcome to After Silence! I hope you find what you are looking for here.

:kitty: Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest qtchickaj

Hi

We have alot in common I too am 30 and still haven't got over it. You are right about your friends and family not being supportive. i have watched everyone who ever found out run not walk away. I am also new to this forum, just logged in today I guess looking for the same things as you, just to feel not as alone and to get some of my feelings out without alientating myself from the friends I have left.. If you need to talk or vent I will be here.

Best of luck

AJ