Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Such A Long Time Coming

FreeKatie

Just registering here was a big step for me. I'm 52, and have been trying to deal with the sexual abuse I experienced as a child from a next door neighbor (family friend) for I think about 6 years. I was 11 or 12 when it started, and he was 30. Sometimes it's hard to remember details, and other times I can remember exactly every little detail of a certain time. I've tried to deal with this on my own in the past but never really made much progress. I've told a few people, but unfortunately they weren't much help, and after each time it actually drove me to repress it even more, because I felt ashamed and guilty and was even blaming myself.

I'm tired...just really sick and tired, and sad. I want to heal and finally free myself of this secret and all these negative feelings.

Hello FreeKatie

welcome to AfterSilence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me know

take care,

Paula

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

i hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found