Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New.... I'm Lilly... :/

Hi.... :)

Thought I'd introduce myself and... yeah. I'm not really excited to join this forum for obvious reasons, but with everything going on at the moment; I feel like I need people who understand.

I'm 21 and living in Australia. I have a supportive boyfriend and a few close friends left after the event who are looking out for me as best they can. :/

A little nervous about posting anything else just yet.... and the share your story section appears to have a password. I guess I haven't been posting long enough to be granted access?

Anyway, I hope I can garner the support I'm looking for on this site, as nothing else seems to be turning out right.

I'm not usually this reserved, dependent or depressed, so I apologise if the overall tone of this has brought anyone down. I'm just not sure what else to type.

See you all around,

Lilly x

Welcome Lilly

Hope you get all you need out of AS. We are a great group of people who support and give insight to the stuff that we go through daily. Don't worry too much about telling your story. I have yet to tell mine here and I have been here for almost a year.

The site is a great way to meet others that have gone through similar circumstances. We do not just cater to our problems of being survivors but to any problem that we may have, no problem is trivial and all are important to us.

Hope you get everything out of AS that you need.

I send you my best in your journey and remember you are not alone in travelling that path.

Alas

Hi Lilly and welcome to AS :) I think you need 10 posts before you can view/post in the Share Your Story thread.

Don't worry about how you sound because we are not here to judge but to offer support and comfort. I hope you find that here. I know how scary it is to open up about the horrible things we've experienced. Do so only at your own pace and it's a decision only you can make. No pressure. I'm sorry you have to be here. I have found this site to be a life saver. Like Alastriona said, no problem is trivial. AS has so, so many members who care and are very supportive.

Take gentle care of yourself.

Welcome here, Lilly. Hope you find this place to be as supportive and understanding as most of us do, who have been here for some time. No rush about opening up, it is all at your time and your pace. Glad to hear you have a supportive boyfriend and some friends, it is important to keep up that support system :)

Hello Lilly,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. Yes you need at least 10 posts to get into Share your story, you can build them up by maybe welcoming people or replying to some posts, If you need any help with the board, please let me know and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, and welcome

Paula

Welcome, Lilly,

This is a supportive group so you should be able to find what you are looking for.

HI Lilly.

I'm in Victoria, Australia. You are never alone. You are stronger than you think.

Reaching your hand out on AS is only the first step.

be Bold, be Strong

Gnome xx

Hi Lilly,

Welcome to AS. You're one of many folks from this part of the world on the site - that's one of the most interesting things about this place. We've got aussies, kiwis, english, scots, japanese, germans, irish, americans, canadians, french, plus about half a dozen more nationalities I've run into but since forgotten. Despite their different backgrounds you'll hear very similar stories. I get a real community vibe from this site, even if it does have some issues (like chat going down from time to time) I like this place a lot and I hope you do too.

Take Care,

Guy

Welcome to AS Lilly!

I'm in Australia as well :-)

I have found AS to be a very positive and supportive place to come for help and support on my journey.

You will get access to Share Your Story once you have made 10 posts.

I hope you get as much from being on this site as I do

~Leah~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found