Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Heart Felt Thanks To ......

Guest healingcop

Guest healingcop

Thank you all for your replies! I just got off duty and came home to this, REALLY, thank you!!!!! To know that I am supported in so many ways is a feeling that is can't really be described. Before I went back to work, I spent a great deal of time wondering how I could do my job when I couldn't protect and defend my own self from rape - I do believe that I beat myself up more over that than anything else. At this point and time, I am seeing our Police Psycologist but the advice is appreciated none-the-less. It is a requirement even though it was an off duty attack - it isn't just for my safety but for everyone else too.

Thank you all again for the support and for the respect & thanks for the job I do. I'm accustomed to being cussed out. :)

healingcop

Welcome,im glad u have sum1 2 talk 2 bout r a*use i hope u find it helpful.....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

"Thank you all again for the support and for the respect & thanks for the job I do. I'm accustomed to being cussed out. :)  "

That's truly a shame because our Police force is the only thing that stands between us and total anarchy. Laws need to be enforced for the safety of the general public and it seems you are doing your job as best you can. That's all we can ask of you. I would imagine the ones doing the cussing are walking on the wrong side of the law, in which case please don't take it to heart. I think of it as a sign that you're doing your job very well, indeed! The next time some criminal cusses you out, thank him. It's actually a compliment to you and your dedication to duty. :) I sincerely hope being here is a good place for you to be. I'm sorry for the reasons that you need to be here but it's also good to know that our police force has such a dedicated individual on it. (I use the term "our police force" as a general phrase to include all dedicated policemen/women since I don't know where you're locate.)

Keep on keeping on, dear one. I, for one, am glad you've found the strength to do so. Be proud of yourself for that strength and for making the decision to post in this forum. That shows you truly do care, and this is a good thing. If the police psychologist isn't addressing the issues you want to address, tell him/her. After all, it is your therapy.

Stay safe,

Ardatha