Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Confused

Hi

I'm 25, from Johannesburg, South Africa (yep, the most dreaded crime ridden country in the world)...but, I'm working in Oman now (the country borders the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Yemen).

I'm not sure where to go OR how to start, but I had 2 terrible experiences, one in South Africa and now last week one here in Oman. Feels like I'm at the end of the line at the moment, and as if nobody understands how difficult it is to keep your head up high.

Anyway, where to go from here?? :sadang:

Hope to talk to you some more

:throb:

ceekay

Hi,welcome-i hope u find wot u need here thou im sorry u have 2 b here in the 1st place....

Take ur time 2 post bout anything u like,want & need....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxo

P.S: I work 4 2 families that r from South Africa,ive heard 1st had how bad it is there.... :(

hi ceekay,

don't feel that you have to post right away, take your time, look around and post when you are ready and when you feel comfortable. you can post as much or as little as you want.

everyone here is really supportive :)

i hope you find as much comfort in this place as i do :)

take care :hug:

emmax

Hello all

Thank you so much....I know I need to get it off my chest, out in the open, and I can see and even feel that I'm safe here....so, maybe in a few days I'll feel up to it, I think I just need to get it all sorted in my head. Or at least try?!:hmm:

Bye for now

Ceekay

Hello Ceekay,

I'm truly sorry you have the need to be here but this is a very good place to be when you have the need. I'm a newcomer myself but I can tell from the messages that I've read so far that the folks here truly care and will try to support you in any way they can. Just remember that you are not alone. Take deep breaths and gather your thoughts as best you can. Then you will have a better idea how to proceed. Meanwhile, we're here for you.

Stay safe,

Ardatha

Guest geezzzlouise

welcome to after silence. this place is pretty cool. i have found it to be a great circle of support.

always :hug:

sylvia

Guest anonny

Welcome aboard,Ceekay.

Hope you can find good counseling where you are.

Your country is in my prayers and good thoughts. :inn:

Huggles,Carole

(((Ceekay))) Welcome to the group. I am sorry for all you have been through. This is a wonderful place to be for support. I look forward in getting to know you. Be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need, posting as you are comfortable.

Dear Ceekay,

Welcome. I'm new here too but when I read your posting I felt I had to respond.

I went through the healing process in a foreign land (related to incidents that occurred in YET ANOTHER foreign land). I know how hard it is to get support when you are away from home. Its so hard to chart your way through this process of healing, and hard also to know who is safe and whether you can talk, and who you can talk to.

I imagine there is not much more support for rape victims in the Middle East than there was in Asia (where it happened to me). I blocked out the memories and dealt with it all until several years later, after moving to a rather liberal European country. Even here, in Europe, I wasn't able to get help. They don't have rape crisis centers here, its all set up through the medical system & I didn't have the courage to make an appointment with a doctor or say the word rape. Finding a therapist in a non-English speaking country is yet another hurdle. So, I went through the healing process alone using the internet, emails to family and friends, and the book, "The Courage to Heal". The book was very triggering and painful but also very informative and in the absense of a therapist its the next best thing. I highly recommend that you order a copy.

I hope that you are somewhere safe and protected and are around someone/people who cal look after your well being. The aftermath of sexual assault is a vulnerable time. Good luck and just know that, no matter how much it hurts right now, it does get better.

Welcome! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here but I'm so glad you found us! You are not alone on this journey.

Take precious care of yourself.

Tracy