Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Beginner's Hello.

Hello,

I'm very much a beginner to this... Having failed in finding solace and understanding from people in my life, I am glad to have found a safe haven for my thoughts. It is a genuine relief that I have a place to share :)

L x

Welcome to After Silence, Louise; I'm glad that you have found this site for your new beginning. It's so difficult when we share with those around us, and they just don't get it. It's seems to be very difficult for someone who hasn't experienced abuse to truly understand its effects. Be assured that you'll find others here who get it...who understand and will help in supporting you.

To form a support group like this, it might help to respond to other posts in the Welcome forum and become acquainted with others who are just beginning their After Silence journey too.

Please feel free to message me if you have questions about the forums or need assistance.

Take good care,

Your Sister in Survival

Newbie Support Team Member

Welcome to AS! I too found it a relief to talk to people who understand what we go through and I've learned so much from what others have shared here too. I am sure you will find it a place of solace and support!

G

• 7 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found