Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Finally Ready

Hello all. Yes I am finally ready to truly confront what happened to me 45 years ago as a child. I am also ready to realize that what happened has caused many issues for me. I have been able to only tell 2 people what happened to me. One of the people being my husband who I have hurt deeply with some of the long term effects of what happened. Sorting all of this out is very hard and painful for me. I am glad that I have found this site and am hopeful that the support will help me to be the me I desperately want to be

Hello Sherrie,

welcome to AfterSilence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help, let me know

take care, Paula

Welcome to AS. 5 years may sound like a long time but I'm sure those memories are still fresh. Talking about what happened and taking control of your memories will help you.

• 4 months later...

Welcome!