Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

PTSDMama128191

thanks to the exhaust i didnt wanna wake up this morning
Sep 05 2013 08:54 AM
Photo

PTSDMama128191

one of the best and at the same time worst things about my husband is he too is a survivor and in trying to help him i am severly triggered
Sep 04 2013 11:15 PM
Photo

PTSDMama128191

after a mental eval to fight for ssi my PTSD has me so paranoid every sound outside my house i grab my husbands bowing knife and every window. hoping my mikey bear gets home safe and soon before my paranoia causes more trouble than what its already doing .
Sep 04 2013 09:25 PM
Photo

L96465

Going to the gym today felt empowering. Time to take my body back and make it mine!
Sep 03 2013 06:44 PM
  • L96465's Photo
    L96465
    Thanks Kira! I appreciate the support. Maybe there are other things you could do instead of going to the gym if it triggers you.Even just going for a jog can be very rejuvenating and can give you some time to clear your mind. (:
    Sep 04 2013 08:30 AM
  • Kiralyna's Photo
    Kiralyna
    Yes, I do that at times. I go for a run in the park with my dog. He loves to run and so do I :) Music blasting in my headphones and his happy tail next to me and the air hitting my face. It's really really nice. I wish I could do that more often.
    Sep 05 2013 02:01 AM
  • L96465's Photo
    L96465
    That sounds like heaven to me! I miss my little baby so much. Her name was lily and she was a Havanese. She was always so happy to see me and spend time with me. It made me feel important. Sometimes I debate getting a dog again just because it made me feel like I had purpose when I'd see how she would light up when I came home. She was always happy to see me. I think everyone could benefit from that kind of love.
    Sep 05 2013 08:42 AM
Photo

IvyBrennan

My Name is Ivy it's only three letters pretty simple to remember. I do it like a boss everyday on the daily.
Sep 03 2013 12:53 PM
Photo

L96465

When will things be easy again?
Sep 02 2013 10:59 PM
Photo

IvyBrennan

Mexican Jersey Yankee Pride!
Aug 31 2013 10:09 PM
Photo

ReneeBCooper

Who would like to live in an abuse free community where the primary belief is that it is better to lead with kindness and understand not violence and anger. Dear Ole' Dad's Safe Haven Monastery Inc. is helping abused women, children, and animals to be freed from abuse and help with healing. www.SafeHavenMonastery.org
Aug 31 2013 08:56 AM
Photo

Soccergrl9 → lilsweetiepie

I love you, come back... ;(
Aug 30 2013 01:40 PM
Photo

Placebo

Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!
Aug 30 2013 09:42 AM
Photo

trying2fight

im new at this and im just wondering if anyone is out there
Aug 30 2013 12:16 AM
Photo

chant2012 → Kalonice

Happy Birthday!!!! :)
Aug 28 2013 01:07 AM
Photo

Questionable

feeling more ashamed than is usual today..
Aug 26 2013 10:46 AM
Photo

how

how do i use this site i need to talk but dont know how to go n talk in chat rooms
Aug 25 2013 04:41 AM
Photo

FionaInTheSky

my nightmares wont go away. I keep reliving it
Aug 24 2013 10:33 AM