Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

angelic

Hi, I'm Paula, and i've been a member of this fabulous community since 2007, and now i am a member of the Newbie Support team here, which i am very proud to be. I hope i can help new members settle in and feel safe here. Joining AS was one of the best things i did for my healing journey, I hope it does the same for everyone else here.
Nov 06 2013 12:25 PM
Photo

annatrish

hi
Nov 05 2013 12:20 PM
Photo

Placebo

It's never too late to be what you might have been...
Nov 05 2013 07:01 AM
Photo

Sherrie6264

I just want things normal
Nov 04 2013 09:58 PM
Photo

BrokenRoots

Feeling rather blah today.
Nov 04 2013 09:33 PM
Photo

vakry

not allowed
Nov 04 2013 05:35 AM
Photo

Sherrie6264

bound to be a better day
Nov 03 2013 10:11 PM
Photo

Sherrie6264

just feel like crying
Nov 02 2013 09:10 PM
Photo

bernadettekennedy

feeling very low today guys any advice on how i can escape the feeling of being totally humiliated about my so called friends standing up in the middle of the pub announcing that i was raped :(
Nov 01 2013 03:06 PM
  • bernadettekennedy's Photo
    bernadettekennedy
    I wasnt there i just got messages on facebook to tell me, so now people know!! I never wanted anyone to know i feel as if it is all my fault i deserved it, now all my friends know what happened to me why would my friend do that what do i do now ?? :-(
    Nov 02 2013 05:30 AM
  • chant2012's Photo
    chant2012
    How could this be your fault? You had no control over the r*pe happening and you definitely had no control over what your friends did. You weren't even there! I am so sorry that they did this... How awful. Sitting with you. ♥
    Nov 02 2013 05:32 AM
  • somerandomguy1985's Photo
    somerandomguy1985
    A lot of people think they know what's best for you after you've been through abuse, but in reality they don't know what the hell they are doing. I've been hurt through similar situations. I'm sorry that they didn't take your feelings into consideration when they did this. Let them know that this isn't alright and that you don't appreciate this.
    Feb 14 2014 10:09 AM
Photo

chant2012

I've been abused by many people all my life; sometimes inadvertently, but still abuse. How was I chosen for this abuse while some have never been abused? I don't understand... *confuzzled*
Oct 31 2013 07:55 PM
Photo

vakry

hugs lots of them
Oct 31 2013 05:19 AM
Photo

NothingHasBeenBroken

There's a giant glass box with everything that was ever amazing, awe inspiring, beautiful and creative. I'm outside the glass banging, begging and screaming to be let in. No one notices..
Oct 30 2013 11:15 AM
Photo

chant2012

So very sad and upset... It is still looming over me... I can't stop grieving... And most people get irritated at me... I just can't... I am sorry... *sobs*
Oct 30 2013 04:15 AM
Photo

vakry

oooh seriously considering being really masochistic and watching what I assume would be a triggering movie.... I used the word right you just have to understand my humor to get it.
Oct 30 2013 03:48 AM
Photo

NothingHasBeenBroken

I'm sorry if my existance offends you. Actually, I'm not.
Oct 29 2013 06:31 PM
  • vakry's Photo
    vakry
    Hehe I feel like that sometimes.
    Oct 30 2013 03:45 AM
  • NothingHasBeenBroken's Photo
    NothingHasBeenBroken
    ((Vakry)) I feel like it's been awhile. Chat sometime? *hugs*
    Oct 30 2013 10:25 AM