Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

ItsANewDay14

New and not sure where or how to begin.
Dec 17 2013 12:52 AM
  • FindingClosure's Photo
    FindingClosure
    I am new, too. I tried to begin sharing what happened to me but it is so hard to share. I wish you luck in your journey to heal and be free.
    Dec 17 2013 11:49 AM
  • ItsANewDay14's Photo
    ItsANewDay14
    Thanks! I am not sure if this place is really helping but I guess it to soon to tell. I do like the idea of being able to be a part of a place where I am not hiding a part of me. Hopefully its been a good 2st few days for you.
    Dec 19 2013 11:35 PM
Photo

Placebo

I'm not calling for another chance, I'm screaming at the top of my voice...
Dec 16 2013 02:47 PM
Photo

Placebo

I'm not asking for another chance, I'm screaming at the top of my voice...
Dec 16 2013 11:05 AM
Photo

npj113

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off.
Dec 15 2013 03:13 PM
  • lily23's Photo
    lily23
    I love this phrase. It's so true. Take care npj. :)
    Dec 16 2013 03:08 PM
Photo

mystoryunleashed

It's cold where I am and I feel like I can't get warm... thankful for my puppy dogs and blankets... trying not to have to remember right now. Sending peace to everyone because it's helpful.
Dec 15 2013 02:08 AM
Photo

Skyfeather

taking care of me today
Dec 14 2013 10:39 AM
Photo

chlo

feeling really overwhelmed about the last couple of days :/
Dec 13 2013 10:20 AM
Photo

vakry

I'm not afraid to take a stand
Dec 12 2013 04:12 AM
Photo

vakry

darkness swallowing me whole, drowning me, taking over.... completing me.
Dec 11 2013 02:47 PM
Photo

Placebo

Through adversity to the stars...
Dec 10 2013 09:00 AM
Photo
  • ActivistAlly's Photo
    ActivistAlly
    I love this one too but it also made me cry cause Rudolph was so picked on. It's also so emotional when he helps rescue all the unwanted ones on the island of misfit toys...
    Dec 09 2013 06:59 PM
  • themoonismine's Photo
    themoonismine
    Yes! I cry at that part as well, esp. the little girl and the spotted funny elephant toy. It's the triumph of the underdog who happens to be a reindeer. It's why I love the movie Rocky as well. That movie had real guts and heart. Rare nowadays.
    Dec 10 2013 03:00 PM
Photo

Placebo

Don't you find, that it's lonely? The corridor you walk there alone....
Dec 07 2013 05:14 PM
Photo
  • ActivistAlly's Photo
    ActivistAlly
    Ahhhh, that Frosty song always makes me cry...like when he melts
    Dec 07 2013 07:04 PM
  • themoonismine's Photo
    themoonismine
    Yes I totally love Frosty, he has such a good heart. Now I am on to Rudolph!
    Dec 09 2013 03:10 PM
Photo

saddy002

Remembering
Dec 07 2013 02:29 PM
Photo

Skyfeather

Hello Anger...I've been expecting you
Dec 07 2013 12:36 AM