Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

mulrooneya

I have decided to finally quit doing drugs and alcohol. Not do it once in awhile or in a year or anything, I am completely done with it. The problem is thatI told one of my friends this and now they are trying to convince me to keep doing it, just once in a while. No one knows about how bad it was getting and I dont feel like I have to explain to one of my best friends who knows of my past. It hurts that I'm doing this for my own health and recovery and my best friend is trying to convinc...
Jan 22 2015 06:15 PM
Photo

mulrooneya

According to my family, I need to start eating, stop doing drugs, and stop trying to lose weight, but my dad and brother only eat one meal a day, my little brother does drugs more then me and is never sober, and my mother is always trying to figure out of to lose weight ( even though she is not over weight what so ever )
Jan 21 2015 03:43 PM
  • mulrooneya's Photo
    mulrooneya
    No wonder I have struggles getting my health back on track
    Jan 21 2015 03:44 PM
  • purpleiris's Photo
    purpleiris
    I believe you are capable of getting those habits under control be an example to the rest of your family.
    Jan 21 2015 03:56 PM
Photo

TerraMarkov

I can't sleep :,( Luckily I can sleep in tomorrow because I have nothing to do :D
Jan 21 2015 03:49 AM
Photo

Jaybird13

I used to draw... why don't I draw anymore?
Jan 20 2015 10:07 AM
Photo

Jaybird13

Wished for so long it would all just go away, starting to realize I need work through it and it's not going to be easy... feeling anxious.
Jan 20 2015 12:18 AM
Photo

firefly05

Been having really bad anxiety attacks. It's like when I close my eyes I can see him.
Jan 19 2015 07:44 PM
Photo

Confusedandalone1415

I'm just so confused and lost
Jan 19 2015 03:10 PM
Photo

firefly05

http://youtu.be/gZFjauf_hZg This songs speaks to so much. My therapist always tells me I'm a survivor and that's what I am. But I am also a warrior I fight everyday through the pain. The struggle od depression, anxiety, and PTSD. That's why I am a survivor and a warrior and so is everyone else on here
Jan 18 2015 02:22 AM
Photo

RabbitDude

A new year, and my plan is to keep moving forward. We are not alone!
Jan 17 2015 02:38 PM
  • Annie7's Photo
    Annie7
    im proud of how far youve come since ive known you, you are an inspiring member of this board
    Jan 17 2015 06:55 PM
  • RabbitDude's Photo
    RabbitDude
    Thank you. I guess I figured out that if I give up, they win. I won't let them win, don't have to. The Lamb of God says so.
    Jun 07 2015 09:21 AM
  • Annie7's Photo
    Annie7
    They never won, we survived...and have bigger hearts than many!!!! God loves you so much.
    Jun 09 2015 05:57 PM
Photo

ir0nic1

everyday we grow a little bit stronger....
Jan 16 2015 10:28 PM
Photo

mulrooneya

I am too little butter on too much bread, I am too many thoughts in too little head
Jan 13 2015 11:27 PM
  • ActivistAlly's Photo
    ActivistAlly
    (((((Mulrooneya)))))
    Jan 14 2015 10:08 AM
  • mulrooneya's Photo
    mulrooneya
    Its a poem by Tyler Knott Gregson

Jan 14 2015 11:17 AM
  • ActivistAlly's Photo
    ActivistAlly
    It's lovely, thanks for sharing...
    Jan 14 2015 01:03 PM
Photo

Maryb

It took a long time for me to join this site. Glad I did. I'll share my story soon. God bless every precious victim for thier bravery and thank you After Silence for providing a safe place for us
Jan 13 2015 07:32 PM
Photo

Rapha

Through adveristy to the stars...
Jan 13 2015 06:27 AM
Photo

firefly05

Today hasn't been a good day for me. I have been having really bad anxiety. I can't seem to contol it.
Jan 12 2015 09:31 PM
Photo

fallenstar

Jan 12 2015 04:47 PM