Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. awi

Hi

@begonia Hi friend welcome. Know you are not alone. This is where the healing begins.
  3. awi

Hi!!!

welcome to this safe place
  4. I don't know much about this site any help will help me to learn new techniques or stories I am not really sure where to start...but I am very excited about being accepted into this site❤️
  5. Thank you so much...today I was suppose to have therapy and she had a emergency and my whole day I have had a lot of anxiety...I have done deep breathing..I have read the 12 steps that is like for AA but it's for inscest victims...I have just started this new healing process I have learned a lot of coping skills...they have me on Valium right now I was in the ER last Friday for a blood pressure of 207/107 and it was just anxiety I wasn't having any symptoms of a heart problem... tomarrow is a new day!! On a funny note Monday was the solar Eclipse and can kind of mess with people with mental il
  6. Hi craisydaisy, Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you face. You have found a supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. Feel free to take it at your own pace, knowing that we are here for you when you are ready. Wishing you many healing steps. Mary
  7. MeBeMary

Hi

He begonia, Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you've been thru and the continued struggles you have. What happened was wrong, unfair, and undeserved. You are now amongst friends and we can relate...if not be exact trauma, then definitely by the struggles you go thru. It takes courage to reach out and it takes courage to say you are ready to move forward down the path of healing. It isn't easy, but it can be easier with those who understand. You are not alone. Mary
  8. Hi itscleo and welcome back. I am glad you remembered what a supportive and wonderful community this is. This hasn't changed, believe me.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Hi CrazyDaisy, Welcome to AS. You are right, you can do this! Healing isn't easy, but it is possible. The healing journey is filled with ups and downs, but overtime you will begin to feel better and stronger. Here at AS we are all here to support each other as we heal. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is okay to. Wishing you all the best.
  11. Hello Bridget! Welcome on board I myself live in a cold icy country up north. After Silence welcomes survivors of any background and situation. I am sorry to hear somebody has been so cruel to you. Please practice self-care, and try and take one day the time. You are invited to share whatever you'd like here, this community is a safe space to start out your healing journey. You are not alone, and we believe you There will come a day, where you feel okay again. Please let me know if you'd need some extra support, I am only one PM away. All best, W ☀️
  12. Hello and welcome back here I am not certain we've met, I have been here for a bit over 5 years now. Time flies by! I live in a country with much hockey too, but I have never been into it. I am sorry therapy hasn't kicked in for you. It can be very tricky to find the right method and the right T. I hope however this community will assist your healing a bit, as using our words sometimes can help us unveil issues and think more clearly. AS is here for you, whenever you want! You are not alone All best W ☀️
  13. Hello and welcome to AS, I am Wanna I am glad you found us, it sounds indeed like you could use some extra support right now. When coping with this severe of a trauma, we can feel isolated in our situation at times, or feel embarrassed about the situation. This community is a safe space for you to find your voice, share what you'd like to and connect with fellow survivors. You are not alone. We believe you. Sending sunshine ☀️
  14. Hello begonia and welcome on board! I am Wanna What you are describing is very normal, once we get the chance to read other's stories and experiences, we can relate and feel less alone. We all have our unique stories, but survivors so often tend to understand each other. This is a safe spot for you to connect with fellow survivors, get a sense of a community and participate at your own terms. Healing is a big milestone. I am happy you are confronting that fear and darkness, because you deserve to move past it. Healing can be a rocky road, but whatever lies ahead, you are not alone.
  15. This is why my therapist first suggested I find an online community, how I found AS and I can really relate to this. Even if we haven't all experienced the exact same things, we've all been through things that shouldn't have happened. Hearing from others has also made me feel less alone during this. Welcome and I hope you find healing.
  16. Last week
  17. snmls

Hi

Hi Begonia, Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. It is never too late to begin the healing journey. Healing can be tough, but it is possible. Talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate the emotions you are feeling. You are welcome post on the site whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Wishing you all the best.
  18. Hello and welcome @craisydaisy I'm sorry for what brought you here but I'm hopeful that AS can offer kind and compassionate support for you as you start your journey to healing from the painful memories of your past. We are glad that you have found our group and wish you strength as you struggle with all the feelings and memories brought up in the healing and recovery journey. Activist Ally
  19. Hello Begonia and welcome to AfterSilence! I'm so sorry for the things that happened to bring you here but I'm glad you found AS for support with finding your way out of fear and darkness! I hope you will continue to realize that you are not a freak or monster for anything that was done to you or that you were forced to do that caused your trauma. Hoping the members of AS will support you so that it feels like we're with you every step of the way towards the light! ActivistAlly
  20. Thanks ...I have just started this journey...the second part dealing with the incest opening up alot of things I never remember....but with my higher power I know I can do this even on the days I feel so overwhelmed...I am so grateful to be part of this group thank you all so much!❤️❤️
  21. begonia

Hi

I've been here reading for awhile and feel like it's time for me to post and say hello to everyone. Im in my fourties and after decades of compartmentalizing and keeping secrets and pretending my life was manageable, everything cracked open and Ive been existing in crisis mode for some time now. I'm finally fed up of living in fear and darkness. Seeing how similar my emotions and reactions are to so many others here already makes me feel less like a freak and a monster. I want to be here to find support from people who know what its like. I also hope to offer the kind of understan
  22. awi

Is a title needed?

Hi friend. Please know you are not alone. I relate to many of the things you wrote. Like wanting to run away, get back to a place in the past and start over again. Also, on lending myself out to others helping them live their lives. Please be gentle with you. You are worth it and valuable. I heard and felt every word you wrote and think the world of you. Keeping you company
  23. Hi welcome back friend. I don't know if we have met in the past. I have also come and gone more than once.
  24. I just want to run away. Away from people. Away from the world. Away from hope. Away from sadness. I just want to be away. It amazes me how people just pack up and leave everything behind. Start over. I don't like saying I have regrets in life. I have poor decisions that came with bad consequences. Some major, some minor. Strength. I lack it in many ways. Some say I am strong because of the way I can handle some situations. If they only knew. I live life like a deer in headlights. In shock and fear and too stunned to move from the spot I am in. Hoping that whatever is coming at me will s
  25. Dear itscleo Welcome back to after silence. Hope you will find. It helpful here still. You will. Get lots support. Here we all care. . being here has really helped me. Take care
  26.  I've been pulling two night shifts this week aside from my essay writing. I told my boss I'm taking a break for 3 weeks so I can finish up before the deadline in peace. 

1. Pink Sky

Pink Sky

Good idea Wanna, well done for setting boundaries so you don't burnout by doing it all at once. Wishing you luck with the essay writing 💛 I had one due yesterday that I've asked for an extension on so I'm also trying to get that done the next two weeks!

2. WannaMoveOn

WannaMoveOn

@Pink Sky Hey Pink, it's wiser to take the time you need and deliver a good essay than a half baked one just to get it overwith. My teacher gave us the option to either have it graded this semester or in August, and I picked in May so I can improve it over summer in case I fail. 

1. Load more activity