Sayu

Emergency Self-Soothing Kit And Crisis Survival Strategies

:bump: I especially want to guide folks to the first page of this thread which has WONDERFUL information to helping to calm down and get grounded while in crisis and how to prepare for those moments ahead of time. You can hop right to that first page by clicking here http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=98862&page=1

:)

What I said above..this is good for those in crisis with flashbacks or intruding thoughts and especially the first page of the post at the link is full of tactics to help ground and calm yourself during a crisis. :)

yet another bump :)

Thanks for the advice, the touch advice is something I already do, I just didn't realize I was doing it. Now I can use it consciously to calm me down. Makes me feel less crazy.

Flodearnley, I'm glad you found it helpful! Isn't it amazing how we subconsciously do so many things to calm ourselves without even realizing it?

Well done ActivistAlly. I found this informative.

:ThankYou::cloud9::goodpost2: well, I can't find the bump sign, so BUMP :party2:

Thanks for bumping this... there is some good info here.

This was very helpful. I recently put together what I've been calling my "calming bag" with various items in it to help stabilize me when the ptsd hits hard.

I would like to add, though, for anyone who does not believe in God or a higher being, that you can still release your energy out in a positive way by talking to the Universe. It is a part of you as much as you are a part of it and it's a very spiritual experience to let all the emotions out and cry to the Universe. Once you have, you'll have more space to fill with positive energy now that the negative has finally left. The Universe loves you, and it only projects back what energy you give it. Let go of the bad so you can reach for the positive.

I'm saving these for later...thank you so much for sharing these!