Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm Tired Of The Silence.

Hello,

Please call me Jenny. I don't really know what to say in this post. I found After Silence after reading a rape survivor book that listed After Silence as a helpful support group for survivors. I want to give this site a try. I want to talk with people who understand my pain and my struggle, who can support me through my healing process and who can share healing advice with me.

I was raped almost eight months ago on October 21st. I was date raped. It was the first time I had dated since I broke up with my abusive ex two years previous.

I was in denial of the rape for over a month and by the time I started speaking with a rape crisis advocate at my college, I knew that there wasn't any evidence to take the person who raped me to court. I've been seeing a therapist, but my college has only has one certified trauma therapist and I'm lucky if I can get an appointment with her once a month.

I'm exhausted, emotionally, physically, spiritually... I really want to heal. I have my fingers crossed that I can start seeing a professional trauma therapist in June, if my insurance is able to cover it.

All this waiting has been stealing the energy from me. I feel so alone sometimes and I'm tired of the setbacks. I'm afraid to sleep at night when all my dreams are nightmares.

I hope that I can make friends here and I hope that I can be supported and share my support.

Thank you for reading my introduction.

~Jenny

Hi Jenny

I'm so glad you're here. AS is simply wonderful - a place for healing, sharing, support, compassion, understanding, and then some.

I hope you're able to get in with a therapist soon too. I know it was critical for me and my healing. Please know that healing can be found. It takes commitment and work, but it's so worth it.

Welcome again, Jenny.

Elle

hi jenny and welcome to AS :)

i really hope youre able to speak to a therapist. ive only been here a couple days now and ive already got a smile on my face, i have had 4 years to heal still not fully healed yet but AS has some brilliant advice and some really nice people who wont judge and are only here to help its like an online therapy session :) anyways i hope you start feeling better and things pick up for you :bighug: :bighug:

Thank you so much, Rachel and Elle for the warm welcome and your kind words. I've only been on this site for a few days, but I think it's wonderful and I feel very comfortable and at home here. I hope that we can become great friends and sources of support for one another. Feel free to PM me anytime. :ThankYou::penguin::bighug:

~Jenny

Thank you, Hurricane! You're brave, too. I agree it is scary to share and to reach out, but I'm happy to be trying. I admire you for being here also. Thank you for reaching out to me. I feel very welcome here already. Everyone here seems so supportive and nice from what I've seen so far. I hope the new experience here will help you with your healing process, too. Let me know if you ever need to talk. :bighug:

• 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found