Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Well Hello I Guess

Gosh this is scarier than I thought it would be. just saying hello for the first time has my heart rate up, cant wait to tell my story, I'm sure I'll be a mess for that. I won't put any details but I have kept my "story" to myself for a few years now and I finally feel like I need to let it out. I mentioned it in passing to my mom what had happened to me, really made light of it, and she told me she had had a similar experience as well when she was in college. I guess that really open some major flood gates with me cause I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue all the time now. Which lead me here I guess:) I'm not glad to have experienced what I have necessarily, but I am glad to be a survivor.

thanks and nice to meet you.

Finnia

Hi Finnia, I'm new here also. I hope you find support here. It's hard to tell your story for the first time, you are really brave. I kept mine inside for too many years. It is hard when people dismiss or minimize what happened to you.

• 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found