Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello. I don't really know what to say. I'm a victim of sexual abuse and incest by my father. He was never charged, though my mother was aware of one instance of sexual abuse toward my preteen years. I didn't even realize the incest until about five years ago when I started getting flashbacks during sexual encounters. I've tried counseling and I didn't feel as though it was working for me.

I guess what I'm looking for is a place where I don't feel alone or wrong or unsure. Since having the flashbacks I have maintained contact with my father until very recently, and I severed ties for other reasons. I've relied on my ex-husband and new boyfriend and some very close friends, but I feel like a burden; especially considering the fact that I don't trust that what happened to me is real. As I said, I'm looking for a place where I can feel comfortable opening up about this and not be worried about someone else getting hurt because they want to do something to defend me or something.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the immediate support. It's hard for me to open about this. I feel ashamed of what happened to me and my own feelings about this. I want to change, to heal and get past what has happened to me.

I just need to tell somone before,I die. I am 64 years old now , there's not much time left . I want the world to know what my father has done to me. my story is the true account of deceit, sexual abuse, imprisonment and torture that I endured as a child for more than 10 years of my life.I wish to reveal my fathers hidden sexual desires as a child predator, and the total abandonment of my mother. It is a true story of murder, and I wish to expose them for the sexual predators they truly were. and ultimately my fate as a young woman unable to cope with society in my adult life, locked away in a mental instatution for the sins of my father and my4 uncles. Possesed by the demon that dwells deep within the shadows of my mind,where it lies in waite, ready to pounce at any moment ,into my reality. but I am still too afraid to tell. I cry, I hide, I waite, while one by one they pass from this life receiving forgiveness in their passing and still I am here and no one will talk to me about it . I had a therapist once ,I told her everything, she wrote a book but she sided with them and gave me pills and SSI . I look for answers ,I look for people that might be able to tell me something or just talk to me but when they find out who I am they too disapear. I have no one left now my last aunt died not to long ago and I never got to ask her if she knew about me I have 2 brothers and a sister that shun me since I was 14 my father is the only one of them still living, I too have writen a book so I waite. I don't think it will be too long now.

• 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found