Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here Help ?!

Welcome to AS. I don't know the difference between the message board and the blog, but I do know you have to have a certain number of posts before you can go to the chatroom (maybe 20?). You will get more responses on the message board.

To get into chat you need 10 posts and yes, they can be replies to others posts or to your own posts for that matter. A simple one word post like, "thanks" will count towards your 10 posts to get into chat. I see you have 10 posts now Greta so you should be able to join Chat.

Chat, unlike the message board or blogs is a "real time" communication where you are typing and others are typing live instead of having it posted on a board. Chat keeps logs that display for a while but they are not "permanent" (except that there are logs that the moderators of the site can go back and access to make sure people are obeying the rules and behaving decently towards each other). So chat is real time and rather less permanent than the message board where messages continue to be displayed more or less permanently, barring technical mishaps.

The blogs are a new feature that came about afer the site crashed earlier this year. There is not much difference between the blogs and the message board except I don't think the blog feature is as "connected" to everyone. Not sure how to explain that, but if you want your posts to be read and responded to, it seems to me that it is a better bet to just use the message board feature that has the varous forums.

I hope this helps and if you have other questions please ask okay???

Welcome to AS, I hope you find some of the support and encouragement you deserve here. :)

Edited by ActivistAlly
  • 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found