Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

New here, finally in! I had anniversary problems for the first time this year (10 years later), and was so delighted to find this site. But that was on Easter weekend, and this is the first time my account has let me log in and access stuff here... I am so glad the site is working now! It will be so nice to have a community to share experiences and questions with.

Thanks Lucy in the Sky!

I have never had great luck with therapists, but have been reading up and working on my own for a decade or so... This past year or 2 I have started to really want to talk, but not yet with friends and definitely not where it might have professional implications! Alas, my last try with therapy resulted in work problems (insurance through work can undermine confidentiality), so I am not willing to go through that again. I am so glad to finally find a support group! I really want to know how other people are working through things like this, as this has been much more useful (than therapy) for me in the past.

Hi Tangle,

I'm new too - also waited a while and so happy to be in. Yesterday was my anniversary - 27 years actually. Wish I had a support group back then;

I've been working mostly on my own too - but only recently unpacking some old memories in the past few years. Hope you find lots of support here!

Well, strictly speaking it is my 30th anniversary of my school troubles, 10 th anniversary of an upsetting adult experience that has destabilized the earlier problem. This is my first support group, and the first year I am ready to talk about any of the problems directly. I am so glad to have found this site!!

• 9 months later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found