Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

This Is Hard.

I'm new here, but I know I need help from other survivors. I'm dealing with abuse that happened when I was little from my father. I'm 29 and haven't really ever dealt with it before. I feel like I don't know who I am and I don't even know where to begin finding out. I've been hiding from myself for so long and it's so hard to go through this alone. I'm in therapy, but I know the only people that would really understand are other survivors. I'm really happy I found this site. I still don't even know if I'm posting this in the right area, but I'll figure it out:)

Welcome! :)

I'm so glad you found us, I found this site 4 years ago and its done wonders helping me understand my issues and healing process.

Anything you need, please don't hesitate to message me, we're all here because we need the compassion and understanding of people who know where we're coming from, so anything I can do to support you please let me know.

Your safe here!

Frozen :flowers:

i am so glad you found AS. it is so comforting knowing that whatever i am feeling there are people who are understand and who have experienced or are experiencing similar things. i hope you find what you are looking for! this path to healing we are on is difficult, but try and remember to be gentle with yourself on your journey :) lots of hugs and positivity.

Welcome. I am so sorry for all that you went through as a child. I admire you for sharing and seeking out other survivors here. This site has been a wonderful support for me. I hope that the same will be true for you too. Good luck on your healing journey.

Welcome

this is a place of non-judment

I hope you find as much support as I have from here

Sorry you have to be here but you are not alone in this journey

I am glad that you are in therapy

Take care

CycleGirl

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

Hello and welcome to AS! :hi:
This is the best place to come for support and nobody will ever judge you!

• 10 months later...

I hope you have been doing well.

Found