Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

New Around Here

Hey everyone. I just found out about this forum from my mom, and it seemed like it could be really helpful. I'm a survivor of an assault that happened in January this year in my own dorm building at college, and it's been difficult to deal with.

I just wanted to say hello before I explore more around here, and thank you everyone for welcoming me here. :)

Welcome to AS, Karian! I hope you find the help you need here.

Hi I'm new and just needed to know I could talk with others who have an understanding of how difficult it can get when you're trying to deal with abuse. I was sexually abused for many years as a child and the effects have recently caused me to breakdown in a major way as i try and face the reality of what happened to me. I'm struggling daily to do the simplest things but i know i need to hold on somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

Hello and welcome to AS! :hi:
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. You will find the best support here.

• 10 months later...

I hope you have been doing ok.

Thinking about you.

Found