Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm No Good At Introductions, But Here Goes.

Hi. I honestly don't know what to say but I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My incident happened a year and some months ago, but a lot of backstabbing made this ordeal a great deal harder to cope with. I thought speaking out was a good idea, but sometimes I actually wish I never said anything. I try to not talk or think about things because it puts in me a place I don't need to be, and I stopped seeing my shrink. I'm not unstable, per se, I'm just an avoider and I put mental blocks on things deemed unpleasant in my mind. I joined because I'm tired of this feeling of being entirely alone and that people are judging me. I really just want a friend. Or an ear that won't judge or have it put in my record (I'm military). I suppose I'll put my story up soon, but it's nice to meet you all, given the otherwise crappy circumstances. That's all.

~FlightlessBird

Hello Flightless,

I am so sorry that you have a reason to be here! I am glad that you have reached out here to introduce yourself. You are among accepting, caring and supportive survivors. I joined in mid January after going too many years of not dealing with my past. I see you are in the military. I hope you don't mind my saying "Thank you for your service!" I am a veteran and I am a survivor partly because what happened to me in the Army. I joined after high school many years ago. Just take your time and you will find support here for as much or little as you want to share. Take gentle care and I hope you find all the support you deserve.

maley

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

Thank you all very much

You're welcome.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found