lacrimosa

All My Posts Were Erased?

14 posts in this topic

My entire...user-thing was erased. No posts, no icon, no signature. Why is it all gone? Anyone?

There was a huge crash of AS a few weeks ago. The server folks (not our admins or mods) failed to do the proper back-ups and we lost all data after October 2011.

Many of us are starting over.

Welcome back!

The server crashed and AS was down for 2 weeks. All data from everyone starting October 2011 unitl that crash were lost. I think there are still attempts to retrieve the data but it looks grim (not sure about that status actually, it has been a while since I read an update on this).

when did you join? The site recently had a big crash so if you joined after October 2011 then that is why. Anyone who joined after that time was totallly erased and has to start over . not the sites fault

I joined back in like....09. I still have my account but everything is gone and I get that it isn't the site's fault, but I'm not writing out any of that stuff again. I'm just irritated at the situation.

Although, I didn't start posting till last year. Almost this time, in fact. So that made everything go away?

So sorry Lacrimosa, I'm not sure why yours would have been erased, Alot of us understand. I for one put alot of time and pain in all I shared here and I dont know if I can do it again. Again I am so very sorry for your loss

It's fine, I am so sorry for everyone's losses. I know I wont, but that's because I am...doing better-ish? I just wanted to re-read my responses. They helped give me a little extra power. =/

I know what you mean, it is sad isn't it x

Can I not access chat until I haver a certain number of posts again? ;;

In my case it is not just after 2011 I am missing lots of topics from when I joined in 2007

But yet I had pm's that I had deleted :breakdance:

Hi, Yes as a result of the server issues we had, anything from Oct 2011, to when the website went down was erased, we're currently in the process of attempting to get this recovered from our host, however at the moment we're not sure how long this will take or if we can indeed get the lost information back.