Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To The Site

Hi All,

Ten years on and Im frustrated to realise I still have lingering habits and hang ups. Just been told I have PTSD like symptoms. I thought I had well and truly dealt with it all. Sigh, I guess I have dealt with a lot of it so I can pat myself on the back for that.

The thing that truly frustrates me is the stigma from within my family. The blame. The disbelief. The secondary victimization. Angers me no end. Its a very specific and painful kind of betrayal. I guess I'll head over to the Vent area. Happy to be redirected if there is somewhere more appropriate.

I have sought various types of counselling and they have been helpful. This is the first time I have reached out to a support group though. I think I have realised that there are some feelings that might never be understood by those that have never experienced some version of this.

Thankful that this kind of network exists.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found