Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Still Numb.... I Think

Lauren21

Hi, my name is Lauren and so far the hardest thing to deal with are my emotions. I can't feel anything... I'm just walking around going thru the motions. I keep telling myself that it will eventually stop and I will have a break down... but it's been a week and I still don't feel anything...

youll feel again. ive been this way for 10 years, it gets easier. Its really painful to feel, but if you dont feel you cant heal :) it gets harder and harder but eventually it gets easier!

Welcome to AS Lauren. I hope you find the support you need here to heal.

It's okay to be numb for a while. It's a way to put off dealing with the pain until you're ready, but just remember you have to face it sometime. Face it when you're ready, of course, but don't try to run forever. Feeling is important. Emotions are important.

*smile* Don't worry, you'll find your way. Hopefully we can help you.

Belle

What your feeling is normal, it took me a while to be able to do anything. I did not want to talk or eat or move. I sat in a chair and i rocked back and forth. Finally i got angry so angry, at something a newspaper had published and lashed out. I screamed i slamed doors i threw books at a wall. Then i felt so much better. Beacuse i was able to see i had feelings still. Slowly i got back other feelings. I still have anger issues though. But getting angry may help you. I dont think if i had gotten angry if i would have started to feel better. Idk how to explained why it help but just saying there was an emotion other than utter dispare was the greatest thing even if i was sooo mad. Try throwing things, i went out and got eggs and threw them at the road out side my appt the other day because i was mad and that helped. Perhaps try that? Let your self be angry and break things like eggs It has only been a week. It took a month to post here. I hope you get better :hug: if you need to talk you can pm me i dont mind <3

It's funny you mention that Lamium. yesterday I almost got angry. I sat in my car and pictured my self running around in my apartment hitting walls, breaking things and screaming. It's weird because my mind is angry sometimes but I can't seem to express it... I even tried crying a couple times and can't... I am just so tired.

Guest JaimeIsBroken

Lauren, welcome to the forum. Feeling numb is a very common sensation. Don't worry, you will eventually feel things.

Again welcome to the forum. I know people will be as supportive to you as they have been to me thus far.

Hi Lauren, welcome to AS,

Am really sorry that something has happened so recently, are you getting any support for this? Like everyone says it is a common reaction to feel numb after something traumatic, it's like a defence mechanism to protect us from overwhelming feelings.

All the best

:flowers:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found