Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Facing The Facts, Getting Support

Hello, Ive been looking for a place thats in depth enough to handle my story. I need a lot of healing. I need new and supportive friends. Taking baby steps. Reading everything i can get my hands on. My bottom line in all this is i could live the next 25 years of my life free from my defence mechanisms. Theyve been running my life. I want a real life, im excited to get freedom!

Hiya and welcome AS :)

Pleased to meet you, I'm sure this place can help with what you are looking for, people here understand and are very supportive

I want a real life too and yes it is exciting to get free from defence mechanisms :)

All the best and hope to see you around

:flowers:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hello, Ive been looking for a place thats in depth enough to handle my story. I need a lot of healing. I need new and supportive friends. Taking baby steps. Reading everything i can get my hands on. My bottom line in all this is i could live the next 25 years of my life free from my defence mechanisms. Theyve been running my life. I want a real life, im excited to get freedom!

HI

sharing

I can be your friend and write to me etc. Good that your reading everything you can get your hands on. I did. You can look up Defense mechanisms on the net. There is like 15. I can handle your story. and share stuff. It can help me

Judith

I am getting new memories and dreams regularly now, so i feel i dont know how to share my story, its as if i only know a third of it. After reading many others i know i am in the right place. I guess its still hard to speak it. Ive shared with my husband and my choir director whos appointed herself my surrogate mommy. Love her to death. Shes researching books and we are going to read em together. I feel she is really going to be there for me. Part of me is still really not wanting to go down this road. But theres no where else to go. I want freedom. Not denial. Thanks for the friend invite, ill add u if i can figure out how! lol.

I am getting new memories and dreams regularly now, so i feel i dont know how to share my story, its as if i only know a third of it. After reading many others i know i am in the right place. I guess its still hard to speak it. Ive shared with my husband and my choir director whos appointed herself my surrogate mommy. Love her to death. Shes researching books and we are going to read em together. I feel she is really going to be there for me. Part of me is still really not wanting to go down this road. But theres no where else to go. I want freedom. Not denial. Thanks for the friend invite, ill add u if i can figure out how! lol.

My encouragement to you is write down what comes. And deal with whatever comes. Don't try to make memories appear, they will do it on it's own, and when they do, you deal with it then. Writing is a very good tool for healing a little at a time. i have been writing a lot more lately. And find peace in it. Hope that helps a little.

Found