Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Silent No More

watson88

Obviously I am new here and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have a wonderful "T" but have found reading this site very helpful too. I was nine when my first SA happened and my last was at 19; I am 41 now. I never told a soul, my T says that I had this buried so deep I never even thought about it until it all came crashing down. This past March I was triggered after listening to my son's girlfriend who needed someone to talk to. I started drinking heavily and shut out family and friends. Although this young lady was only 17 at the time, she encouraged me to get help along with two other wonderful friends. I am working through it; but like others I have good and bad days. These thoughts consume pretty much every waking moment. I am in law enforcement and deal with people like this, most of the time I want to curl up in a ball and cry or shoot them. I find it easier to talk and get it out, I just need someone to listen when no one else will.

Hi,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

You've come to the right place; we are great at listening. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but hope you will feel right at home.

Take care,

Becky

Hi Watson :) Welcome to AS :flowers:

Sounds like you have been through an awful lot lately, it's good that your son's gf and your friends encouraged you to find help, like Becky says people here understand and so am glad that you found AS

All the very best and hope to see you around the forums :)

watson88,

welcome to AS. I'm glad you decided to to talk about the abuse, secrets like that can do a tremendous amount of damage. I can understand the feeling of 'wanting to curl up in a ball and cry or shoot them', that's how I feel about my uncle. I hear you. It's ok to talk about anything here. ~Abby

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi and welcome to AS.

If listening and support is what you need, you are DEFINITELY in the right place. We do those things really well here.

And we're equal-opportunity-listeners. Everyone gets a voice.

I hope that you can find yourself feeling a bit less alone.

I'm Jenn. I'm not law-enforcement, but with the exception of a couple doctors, a couple people from here, and a couple firefighters, pretty much everyone I care about IS.

Hi and welcome to AS.

If listening and support is what you need, you are DEFINITELY in the right place. We do those things really well here.

And we're equal-opportunity-listeners. Everyone gets a voice.

I hope that you can find yourself feeling a bit less alone.

I'm Jenn. I'm not law-enforcement, but with the exception of a couple doctors, a couple people from here, and a couple firefighters, pretty much everyone I care about IS.

Thanks Jenn, sometimes being an officer isn't always easy.

Thinking of you.

Found