Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time Reaching Out To Others...

crupat

Hi to everyone reading this. My name is C. I'm an adult survivor of child abuse and this is the first time actively trying to speak to other survivors. I've spoken to a counselor a few times but there wasn't so much acceptance as it was a blank face that I could vent to. When I needed to come terms with what actually happened to me I always visited this site and read other stories. Always breaking my heart to know that although everyone's story was different in their circumstances they all had one common thread- the feelings of helplessness and violation, anger/rage either spoken directly or lurking in between the lines of despair. These are feelings I would NEVER wish others to go through but I'm glad they are spoken because I know I'm not alone in my own fight. Thank you for your acceptance in allowing me to just write how I feel knowing you just might understand where I'm coming from.

Hi crupat, welcome to AS ::flowers:

I must admit that talking to others survivors has helped me more than any therapy has though I know some people find the right T for them and find that help invaluable :) You'll be very welcome here :)

All the best and hope to see you around the forums :)

Welcome C, I really hope you find the support and acceptance you're looking for here. :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Thank you all. I feel like I'm dying to connect with People who've been through this but it's still a bit hard navigating through all these topics. So Please be patient with me and at the risk of sounding desperate, I'd really appreciate it if you could befriend me. I keep finding myself always in need of a friend.

Thank you all. I feel like I'm dying to connect with People who've been through this but it's still a bit hard navigating through all these topics. So Please be patient with me and at the risk of sounding desperate, I'd really appreciate it if you could befriend me. I keep finding myself always in need of a friend.

Hi Crupat.

Welcome to AS.

I am glad you found us, even though I would never wish the REASON on anybody.

I think one of the best things about After Silence is the fact that EVERYONE gets a voice, and EVERYONE gets support - I haven't seen that in any group anywhere else. Ever. You can send messages to moderators if you have questions or need help. I'm also pretty good about checking my message box, so you could ask me too. If I don't know the answer I can help you find out.

You are so very welcome.

Found