Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi......i'm New To This Site

this is my first post.....I'm glad to find your site.

I'm 49, and have recently 'discovered' via my husband listening to me talk about my dreams, that I was sexually abused by my father as a child. this came as a real surprise....I guess because I repressed it so well........it does explain a lot about my huge well of hurt inside, my sensitivities, nightmares, difficulties with feelings, struggles with what is real vs not real. Even though it is nice to have a reason for all that, I continue to have a BIG problem accepting, believing, making a connection between my emotions, my 'little girl inside', and my brain....taking in the story and making logical sense of it, feeling compassion for myself, understanding, healing. It is wreaking havoc on me emotionally, on my marriage, my husband emotionally, and my family of origin. The pain and upheaval all make me wonder sometimes if I wasn't so crazy just trying to mess with my reality, and protect myself from my feelings. Though therapists and books encourage feeling my feelings and letting them be there...........I can't help but notice that the result is like a giant earthquake. It is comforting to see that other people struggle with this memory/reality fogginess. I hope to understand all this better by hearing from others here..........and I hope for peace --inside myself at least.

Welcome...I hope you find some comfort, peace and understanding from the lovely people on AS. We are all here for each other and there is bound to be someone in a similar situation that can help you process all of this. Good luck!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hello there, welcome to AS :flowers:

I hope you'll find peace too luv, it sounds like everything is all up in the air just now and I'm sure that must leave you not knowing where you are just now, like being in a tornado or something

I am very glad you found this site too and know that people here will understand what you are going through

All the very best and hope to see you around the forums :)

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

this is my first post.....I'm glad to find your site.

I'm 49, and have recently 'discovered' via my husband listening to me talk about my dreams, that I was sexually abused by my father as a child. this came as a real surprise....I guess because I repressed it so well........it does explain a lot about my huge well of hurt inside, my sensitivities, nightmares, difficulties with feelings, struggles with what is real vs not real. Even though it is nice to have a reason for all that, I continue to have a BIG problem accepting, believing, making a connection between my emotions, my 'little girl inside', and my brain....taking in the story and making logical sense of it, feeling compassion for myself, understanding, healing. It is wreaking havoc on me emotionally, on my marriage, my husband emotionally, and my family of origin. The pain and upheaval all make me wonder sometimes if I wasn't so crazy just trying to mess with my reality, and protect myself from my feelings. Though therapists and books encourage feeling my feelings and letting them be there...........I can't help but notice that the result is like a giant earthquake. It is comforting to see that other people struggle with this memory/reality fogginess. I hope to understand all this better by hearing from others here..........and I hope for peace --inside myself at least.

Thinking of you.

Found

I hope you'll find peace too luv, it sounds like everything is all up in the air just now and I'm sure that must leave you not knowing where you are just now, like being in a tornado or something

I am very glad you found this site too and know that people here will understand what you are going through

thank you for the welcome, Blossums. I really like the quote on the bottom of your note. I feel like the risk and discomfort of choosing to try to walk toward healing is kind of that way. As if the 'real' part of me has been hiding or trapped inside self protective walls, fears, and lack of understanding of the truth. And maybe as I work on those things, a new bit inside will be free to come out of hiding.

Tell me about your thoughts in choosing the quote and name........

hopeforpeace