Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm A Newbie Too

freigeist

hello there,

I just joined this Community because I need a safe place to write about and discuss things I'm still trying to cope with... I'm German, so English is not my first langauge (and for that, please excuse if I make stupid mistakes or write things which may be misunderstood :blush: ) and I used to write in German communites quite frequently until I found out that so-called friends and my ex-boyfriend were reading and answering my posts, too, without telling me that they knew it was me... So, now I'm having a go on another forum...

I was raped about 3 years ago but experienced other abuse in my past relationships as well and I'm still struggling a lot. Been in therapy but haven't managed to go through all things yet and I didn't get any more sessions granted so I'm all by myself at the moment...

well, that's a bit about me...

Hello,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers: We are glad you found us.

I'm so sorry for what happened on the other forum! I hope you will find this to be a safe place where you can find support.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Becky

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi freigeist, welcome to AS :)

Your English is fantastic (far better than my terrible German!), I hope you are finding the boards helpful so far :hug:

HI :hi:

Welcome to Aftersilence.

I'm sorry for what you experienced at the other forums. It wasn't right for them to do that. I hope that this can be your safe place where you can be heard and nobody invades your privacy.

PS I couldn't even tell that English was your second language!!

Mandy

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! :)

I'm still surprised how big this forum is and how many topics it has :blink: it's gonna take me a wee while to read the lot *lol*

And about my English: thanks, sometimes I just think it doesn't make sense ^^ Well I know sometimes it sounds funny, especially when I don't really think how I wanna say things. Mainly when I'm on my meds or really jazzed :unsure:

You're welcome.

I hope you're finding your way around the boards ok.

And your English makes sense to me.

Found