Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Join Yesterday, I'm Remember

Hello, I'm remember. I'm here to remember. I'm a uh working on identifying. I'm afriad to speak, my friends don't want to know. for the longest I forgot, but the forgetting defense is not permanent, the memories come back and come back hard. I posted a little more under therapy section said welcome me :) I really hope someone gives me a post reply lol or i'll be sad.

I also went to some other board, the ED, will visit the SI, as I am a success story for those outlets, oh and addiction. I ran the gamut I guess.

Thanks for having a place for me to belong and not be affraid and ashamed. That's what I'm here to work on. the shame. I brought my suffering and pain upon my self. I was to blame, I was in the wrong, it was my fault. I hope to change this thinking, but please, don't tell me I didn't do anything wrong or it wasn't my fault before you hear my story, otherwise ill just think it's a blanket lie told to everyone even if its not true to make people feel better. what do you know, maybe it is my fault the "no" lost it's meaning.

I'm here to remember and I'm here to heal. I'm here to help when I can aswell because I know how special a simply reply post can be to someone so alone and in so much pain.

REMEMBER

Hi Remember, welcome to AS :flowers:

You are right, the forgetting isn't always permanent, I hope that you will find this place helpful in helping you to remember what happened. I know you don't want anyone to tell you that it wasn't your fault so I shan't. However I can't beleive that anyone who has been abused is to blame!

All the best, hope to see you around :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome :flowers:

I joined for similar reasons. be proud for seeking support, you will find it here. You are begining a VERY long and extremely difficult road to healing. Sometimes it will seem to get worse and not be worth it. PLEASE remember in those times; it is perfectly fine to take life one second at a time and do nothing but breath when you need to and cry if you want to. relapses, struggle, and pain are all part off this incredible journey. (I've been at it for over 5 years and it still sucks most days).

There is hope, there is peace, and there is joy. And YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

welcome!!!