Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I have been reading through other posts (not in a creepy way, just more curious and sympathetic) and I still feel SO alone. It's been years and I've had the therapies and the medications and all of it and I just can't move on. I don't ever feel safe, loved, or worth while...I just want to be normal!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

You are not alone.

I'm here for ya anytime.

Love,

Found

Hi, welcome to AS. I hope you find it as helpful and comforting as I have, there are so many wonderful and understanding people here, I am glad you found us all. You are not alone anymore x

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi there, welcome to AS :flowers:

I can understand wanting to feel normal, I think I have felt that way my whole life, I am sorry you feel so sad and alone though I can relate. I think for me that reading what others have to say and posting about how I feel and having people say they know just what i mean has helped me to start to feel less alone, So i hope that you will come to find that is true for you too

With abuse being something that is kept so silent in the everyday world, we rarely get to meet and talk to people with shared experiences and so it is no wonder we feel so alone really hey?

All the very best luv, and I hope to see you around the forums :)

Thank you.. :up:

You're welcome.

Thinking of you.

Found

I have been reading through other posts (not in a creepy way, just more curious and sympathetic) and I still feel SO alone. It's been years and I've had the therapies and the medications and all of it and I just can't move on. I don't ever feel safe, loved, or worth while...I just want to be normal!

I feel the same way. for me trying to communicate on this site is almost forced, you know. I still have something in me that wants to get better. I've been in and out of hospitals, and I'm 45 yrs old now. I've been through therapists, medication, all kinds of things and still here I am. I think the thing is don't give up, you know, there's something in you telling you to reach out, and even if it's really uncomfortable try and reach out, maybe you can say to yourself, "I'll try to write something on this site once a week." Just small steps, you know it's hard to find anyone to talk to, but here you have, so take advantage of it. When I read your post I understood the feeling behind it, so you already have a friend..... your not alone.....