New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hello Out There

I am a survivor of rape by several at one time, this happened to me over thirty five years ago, when I was only twentytwo years old, or maybe twentythree, not sure now...the dates fade but the act just doesn't ever go away, I wish it would. I went to tell the cops, a friend who was an x cop and others, but nothing happened. So, over the years I had to learn to deal with it myself. I eventually remarried, and I have a son. He is now thirtyfive and a pure joy, but we can't talk about this, he gets too angry at the men who did it to me and I need to hear from others, how the cope and how they have learned to deal with this. Basically I still need to talk about it and try to understand.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Thank you for sharing.

Your bravery speaks volumes.

I'm here for ya anytime.

Love,

Found

Hi needtobeheard, welcome to AS :flowers:

I can really understand that need to be able to talk about this, such a traumatic experience needs to be talked about really doesn't it, and so often people can't hear what we have to say, often especially if they are close to us

I think you will be able to find people here who can hear what you have to say and can share their experiences and coping tips too

I hope you will have a little look around the forums and start reading / posting / replying as and when it feels right for you

All the very best luv and hope to see you around :flowers:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm here for ya anytime.

Love,

Found

Hi Found;

Thank you for your kindness, it happened to me a long time ago..I am still suffering mental problems at times I hate that no one helped me or even 'heard' me. (I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put details in the welcome area..sorry about that. ) I just found this website and thought "at last" maybe

I can talk to others who have indured the same horror that I suffered and together we can over come the hate, confusion and feelings that it was somehow my own fault.. which by the way I have pretty much over come that one about it being my fault...if you feel like it tell me your story..if not

thats ok, I will understand.

again, thank you so much for listening, : :flowers:

needtobeheard

Hi needtobeheard, welcome to AS :flowers:

I can really understand that need to be able to talk about this, such a traumatic experience needs to be talked about really doesn't it, and so often people can't hear what we have to say, often especially if they are close to us

I think you will be able to find people here who can hear what you have to say and can share their experiences and coping tips too

I hope you will have a little look around the forums and start reading / posting / replying as and when it feels right for you

All the very best luv and hope to see you around :flowers:

Thanks to all of you who are so kind to reply...its nice for people to

hear..

needtobeheard

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm here for ya anytime.

Love,

Found

Hi Found;

Thank you for your kindness, it happened to me a long time ago..I am still suffering mental problems at times I hate that no one helped me or even 'heard' me. (I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put details in the welcome area..sorry about that. ) I just found this website and thought "at last" maybe

I can talk to others who have indured the same horror that I suffered and together we can over come the hate, confusion and feelings that it was somehow my own fault.. which by the way I have pretty much over come that one about it being my fault...if you feel like it tell me your story..if not

thats ok, I will understand.

again, thank you so much for listening, : :flowers:

needtobeheard

You are so very welcome.

I will message you my story when I get a chance.

I too have overcome the fault issue.

But still lots of other issues.

Found

• 2 weeks later...

I believe healing is possible, but we carry the scars forever. It changes us. My abuse happened almost 20 yrs ago. I thought the pain would slowly go away on its own. That I would just "get over it." Now I know better.If you haven't been through counceling I think it is a good place to start. I'm glad you found this site. Sharing your burden does lighten the load a bit. Having someone to talk to who you know understands helps too. Hang in there!

I believe healing is possible, but we carry the scars forever. It changes us. My abuse happened almost 20 yrs ago. I thought the pain would slowly go away on its own. That I would just "get over it." Now I know better.If you haven't been through counceling I think it is a good place to start. I'm glad you found this site. Sharing your burden does lighten the load a bit. Having someone to talk to who you know understands helps too. Hang in there!

Hi Hope1017

I have shared the facts with only the closest to me...it has helped some, but I am not sure where to get counseling for this.. I am not even sure of all the problems it may have caused me over the years, but I know I have serious problems trusting anyone but my son, any ideas or knowledge you have regarding counseling will sure help if not thats ok, Thank you for hearing....needtobeheard