Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Can't Believe

Gift

Hi everyone ,

I am so new to this ,i think i might embarass myself .English is not my first language ,so please bear with me.There are time where i can't believe that no one saw what was going on during the two years i was being molested .It started when i was five .At times i can't believe that it happened ,i think it was a bad dream .

Since i have not talked about this with anyone-ever ,i don't know if that is a common reaction .I am not in denial about it anymore ,i can't push it out or bury it far enuf for it to not come up in my dreams or waking hours .Does the acceptance that this really happened and i will be okay eventually dawn?

Hi Gift,

Welcome to After Silence. I hope you find it as helpful as I have, and don't worry about your English, it's fine.

You're not alone in that. Sometimes that's our only way of coping, of surviving.

Be strong...

Cat

Hello Gift - firstly your English is amazing! You've not embarrassed yourself at all :)

That acceptance will come in time, and you will eventually be okay. I hope that After Silence can help you on this journey. We are all in it together!

Welcome :hug:

Hi everyone ,

I am so new to this ,i think i might embarass myself .English is not my first language ,so please bear with me.There are time where i can't believe that no one saw what was going on during the two years i was being molested .It started when i was five .At times i can't believe that it happened ,i think it was a bad dream .

Since i have not talked about this with anyone-ever ,i don't know if that is a common reaction .I am not in denial about it anymore ,i can't push it out or bury it far enuf for it to not come up in my dreams or waking hours .Does the acceptance that this really happened and i will be okay eventually dawn?

Gift,

Don't worry about your English - you're doing fine.

Welcome to the site. I'm new as well.

I don't think what you're expressing is uncommon. I think often times it's so hard to cope and survive with that type of trauma, that we disassociate or detatch from the events, psychologically; if it's not real to us, then it can hurt us, right? (or in our mind, we assume if something is not real it can't hurt us so much and we'll be ok.. I believe it's to do with how we're set up to function as people - just a survival technique)

Take care, and I look forward to seeing you around. :)

Welcome Gift! I hope you find the support you need here. What you feel is very normal, and lots of people here are going through the same thing. :flowers:

Hello Gift, welcome to after silence :)

Yes, I think that realisation can come, I think it is extremely common for people to react to this kind of abuse the same way as you, I am really sorry that you had to go through that

Well done for breaking the silence about this, i know it is a huge thing to do

All the best and I hope to see you around the forums :)

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found