Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Im New And A Bit Nervous

My names Beth. I was messed with by dad sexualy for years. I have only receantly spoke up while being in a mental health hospital after two attempts at suicide. I have now been diagnosed with severe depression, PTSD, and mild OCD. Everythings very raw and scary atm ... i feel very nervous as iv never joined something like this or told anyone about what happened in this way. Wish me luck :) xxxxxxxxxx <3

I am new too so maybe we can be newbies together. I was hospitalized after a suicide attempt about 30 years ago and started talking about the abuse. The trauma resurfaced recently and I am trying to cope again.

Hi Beth,

Welcome to A/S.

I too was nervous about coming here - it took me weeks to pluck up the courage to join. I'm glad I did now.

Well done for being brave and joining. Hope to see you around the forums.

Sylv xx

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

"I am new too so maybe we can be newbies together. I was hospitalized after a suicide attempt about 30 years ago and started talking about the abuse. The trauma resurfaced recently and I am trying to cope again."

Thanku so much for replying :) id love to know what helps you as i really not coping! hope things get better for you soon good luck xxxxxxx

Edited by BethAlys

Thankyou every1 for replying im so touched that you all did. Actually crying id convinced myself no one would care ..or they'd think i was horrid and disgusting too. it really means something that im finded people who aren'r like that THANKYOU <3 xxxxxx

You are so very welcome.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Thinking of you.

Found

Hi Beth,

It has taken me over 10 years to sign up to a community like this.

This is actually my first post!

Having experienced therapy of different types as a teen, with little benefit, I am hoping that perhaps the anonymous nature of this internet forum can help to break down some walls.

Fingers crossed anyway! I think we should congratulate ourselves for being brave enough to take this step forward.

Its nice to see somebody from the UK on here also. I am British but live in a ski resort in France with little access to help or support services. Most of the time I cope pretty well without anybody realizing that I am struggling, but sometimes I really need the comfort of an experienced ear.

Good luck to you and hope to catch up with you soon on one of these forums.

Hi Beth (and Lucy) You are both very welcome to AS :flowers:

Beth I am so glad that you found that no-one here would find you disgusting or anything like that, people here understand, I hope that you will reach out for support when you need it luv, take care

And Lucy hiya :) You are very welcome here too luvvie. It can take an enormous amount of guts to join places like this and making that first post is huge too. Maybe one day when you feel up to it you can introduce yourself here too, only when you feel ready to though ok? We do all need to be able to offload to someone who understands sometimes hey

All the very best and I hope to see you both around the forums :)