New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi And Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am not even sure I am posting correctly. If not, someone please tell me. My therapist reccommended that I try something like this to show me that I am not alone in what happened, and also to show that my reactions to things are indeed quite normal. I hope i can find that here. Other than a few friends and my doctors, I have never really discussed this. I am 52 years old and consider myself a fledgling survivor.

Thanks for being here. I look forward to getting to know you and you getting to know me.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi jjulmack :) Welcome to AS

Your therapist sounds quite good? This place can definately help you to realise that you are not alone and that your reactions to this are normal - I think we all react differently to this sort of thing but the chances that someone else reacted the same way as us is enormous..

I feel very much like a fledging survivor too, so can relate to that

If i can help at all with getting around the forum etc please let me know

All the very best and I hope to see you around the forums :flowers:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found