New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :)

Hi there :) I'm not sure what to say exactly, only that I'm new to this site and I'm still trying to find my way around it. I have to say though, I think that "aftersilence" is a wonderful idea. I only disclosed anything last year, and its nice to know thta there are places to go where people can share your experiences. O get that sometimes it feels like speaking out is a crime in itself, this feeling is only heightened by barristers in the courtroom and, in my case, by certain family members who turned their backs on me when I needed them most. But as it said on the home page, abuse is the crime, not the speaking out, and its good that there is this forum where people can come and get support when they need it, and give support to others in similar situations. So aswell as hello, I guess I'm also saying thankyou.

xxx

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi TuttiFrutty, welcome to AS :flowers:

It's horrible how so many treat us like we are the ones that have comitted the crime isn't it. Especially when "joe Public" is so outraged about things like this -

I am glad that you have found this place, and if you ever need any help finding your way around the forum let me know

All the very best

:flowers: